Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been busy doing a few more tweaks. I lowered the car 15 mm a couple of months ago, but wanted lower still! This time I've gone down 25 mm. I've also had a new exhaust fitted.

Here she is:

Vid of exhaust (with over enthusiastic mechanic revving!)

I'm selling the old 15 mm H&R springs, they where only on the car 2 months and done less than 100 miles (I have all recipes). Send me a PM if interested.
Here's the car on 15 mm lowered springs:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being honest 15mm was the perfect all round drop...but I wanted to go mod crazy with this car and go as low as possible without it looking silly. So I've now gone for looks over usability. 25 mm, with passenger and full tank of fuel gives me some rubbing on the inside wheel arch (not bodywork). Full lock steering is fine. Speed humps and garage forecourts etc are all fine.

Looking at the car in the flesh, looks a lot more wider. A muscular stance that really shows off the lines. Many people keep saying I've put wider wheels on the car, but thats all part of the optical illusion of the car sitting lower. Rear on view of the car is addictive, I've lost track of the number of times I keep finding excuses to pop in my garage to take a look!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks awesome! Couldn't do that over here. Too many unfriendly driveways and petrol station entrances. Only had my XKR here a couple of weeks and already had a couple of scrapes underneath :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
15mm looks better, IMHO. It doesn't take much for it to actually look lower. My XKR-S is only 10mm lower than a standard XKR, but with aero kit and wider rear wheels it looks alot lower than 10mm.

Nice car BTW :)

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A silly question here, what colour is my car?!

It had an unfortunate fight with my garage door this morning. The up and over door springs both snapped causing the hinges to completely snap and the door came tumbling down on the car. Fortunately I leave a big foam tile on the roof of the car to remind me to remove the battery conditioner and the whole garage door landed on this along with me taking the weight of it...few! But it got a couple of chips on the rear bumper where the garage door spring catapulted.
Could have been a lot worse, thank goodness for the foam tile.

Any way long and short of it, I need to get a touch up stick, so need to know my colour black on 2007 car.

·
Registered
293 Posts
A silly question here, what colour is my car?!

It had an unfortunate fight with my garage door this morning. The up and over door springs both snapped causing the hinges to completely snap and the door came tumbling down on the car. Fortunately I leave a big foam tile on the roof of the car to remind me to remove the battery conditioner and the whole garage door landed on this along with me taking the weight of it...few! But it got a couple of chips on the rear bumper where the garage door spring catapulted.
Could have been a lot worse, thank goodness for the foam tile.

Any way long and short of it, I need to get a touch up stick, so need to know my colour black on 2007 car.
If it makes you feel any better I have just spent almost £3000 having my XK coupe fully repainted (Jaguar Approved bodyshop) and some kind person has already opened their door against my drivers door leaving a chip !

·
Registered
134 Posts
Feel for you Pete. Double whammy as the panels are soft aluminium so dent easily I guess. When I was buying mine, I noticed a lot of the ones I looked at had supermarket dents.

A woman crashed her Morrisons trolley into my car once (not my Jag!) and it totalled the rear door and wing costing nearly a grand to put right. I tried to claim on her insurance but there were no witnesses and I lost my no claims and excess. I now park over in the corner of any car park that I need to use and feel a bit of a loner out on my own, but I would cry if it happened to the Jag.

I have a dirty old white van which I use to run around and shop in and funny enough nobody has ever bashed that!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I always try to park as far away as poss from the entrance to shops. Did that recently at my local DIY. Most cars were parked as close as poss to the store. So i parked in an area where there were no cars. Came out of the store....yep you guessed.... someone parked right next to me. Must be the follow the heard effect. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You'll need to call a Jaguar dealer with your chassis/VIN number to get the correct colour and batch number or contact Chipsaway unless you are competent at touch-up repairs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the help guys. It was only a tiny mark, but being a black car it exposed the white primer underneath so really stood out.
I did an expert job with my touch up stick and struggle to find out where the chip was!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If it makes you feel any better I have just spent almost £3000 having my XK coupe fully repainted (Jaguar Approved bodyshop) and some kind person has already opened their door against my drivers door leaving a chip !
Aaacckk Pete thats just bad luck and super annoying :(
Do you have any pics of the car in her shiny new paintwork?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nope - it is just the same Frost Blue as it was before, just without the stone chips and flaking laquer. Fortunately the latest chip (about half way along the drivers door) is not too bad and has not dented the door skin so I will live with it for now. I shall be using the XK as my daily driver for the next four or five months so I am sure it will collect a few marks during my regular 500 mile round trips between Bristol and Teesside (and it lives outside on the drive, and I work in a chemical factory !!!).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.