Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'm happy with my iCarsoft i930, and plenty others like it as well.
Specifically designed for JLR vehicles.
There are plenty of Chinese cheapy code readers that plug into the OBD2 port, and there are a few quite expensive & sophisticated tools right up to the factory SDD system, but I find the i930 is a happy medium that does everything I need for not too many $.

·
Premium Member
23,823 Posts
+1 for the 930, great bit of kit.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hi, I have the Foxwell nt301, it is OK as a basic reader but if you want to do more I would upgrade to the one recommended on here. Phil

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm happy with my iCarsoft i930, and plenty others like it as well.
Specifically designed for JLR vehicles.
There are plenty of Chinese cheapy code readers that plug into the OBD2 port, and there are a few quite expensive & sophisticated tools right up to the factory SDD system, but I find the i930 is a happy medium that does everything I need for not too many $.
Has anyone used this to diagnose a TPMS fault?

·
Premium Member
23,823 Posts
Can’t see any reason why not Niall, it works well on my 12MY. That said, the icarsoft LR II would be the better version as it has the BMS reset option.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Thanks for that. They didn't say anything about the i930 working with a 2014 car, just suggested I get the later model instead :) I guess if it doesn't work I can always sell it on, it should work with my XKR anyway and be simpler than breaking out my laptop and SDD setup for basic code scanning.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If it were me, I would go with the later version.

Just plugged mine in to my late 2009 3.0 V6 XFS D.

For model choice: XF
Year range to 2008 - 2015
Engine choice:
2.0 GTDI
V6 s/c
V8 s/c
Inline 4 diesel
V6 diesel

So it looks like you're covered.

·
Premium Member
23,823 Posts
The 930 will interrogate, report and reset codes in over 35 systems Niall. It is a good bit of kit but the later version does even more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.