Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,my local garage has just fitted new bushes,all done ok,but the car won't start,no ignition lights when key turned,
The only thing he he has touched was to put the car in neutral to line it up on the ramp.
The alarm when pressed is making the same noise when trying to lock but a door is not shut properly,ie a double low noise.
We assume it is something to do with the putting in neutral as he hasn't done anything electrical,not even with the battery,any help would be greatly appreciated by me who wants my car back,plus the garage who needs the ramp.
Thanks George.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Clive,thanks for your input.
Feeling a bit blondish now & my mechanic,we were both making a simple solution into something it wasn't.
The battery had gone flat,never even considered that as i'd driven it there & had no previous clue/hints as to battery condition
Anyway all's well that ends well,the moral being don't overlook the simple obvious reasons..

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi I had a weird one recently when for some reason I left the car with the park brake de-activated for 12 hrs or so, nothing when trying to start just the dash lights as normal but no starter. Disconnected the battery (a newly changed one) reconnect after about 30 secs & normal service resumed, was this to do with leaving the park brake disconnected? All has been normal since!

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
The battery had gone flat,never even considered that as i'd driven it there & had no previous clue/hints as to battery condition
Yes, modern batteries do seem to fail completely suddenly - you can drive up quite normally, turn off the engine, come back in half an hour and the car is completely dead. I've had it happen to me.
A few years back batteries would always provide warnings of their demise - slow cranking when starting, headlights dimming as engine speed decreased etc.
This just doesn't happen any more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts