Carb balancing

nrw34260

Reaction score
Hi,

Running a 61 Mk2 3.4.

Just rebuilt the carbs and went to balance them. With both slow running screws wound in the rear carb is running at 20 kg/hr and front at 5 kg/hr. Even opening the front slow running screw as far as possible it will only show 10 kg/hr so it is impossible to balance. Any helpful suggestions?

Thank you

piman

Reaction score
Hello Nrw34260,

disconnect the throttle link between the two carburettors, it is probable that one is held open.

Alec

nrw34260

Reaction score
Hello Nrw34260,

disconnect the throttle link between the two carburettors, it is probable that one is held open.

Alec
Did that. I thought the butterfly on rear carb was not seating properly, but it is. Swapped the front and rear slow running valves just in case it was not seting correctly but still the same.

piman

Reaction score
Hello Nrw34260,

Ok, try pressing the butterflies on the high reading carburettor to see if that makes any difference. If not I suspect you will have to remove the carburettors and make a close inspection. The butterflies can be tricky to adjust properly on the spindles and it is possible to fit them back to front?

Alec

nrw34260

Reaction score
Hello Nrw34260,

Ok, try pressing the butterflies on the high reading carburettor to see if that makes any difference. If not I suspect you will have to remove the carburettors and make a close inspection. The butterflies can be tricky to adjust properly on the spindles and it is possible to fit them back to front?

Alec
Sorted it. There is a connecting bar with a bottle screw type that attaches to the throttle linkage and opens the butterflies, It was not pushing the butterfly closed, undid it on the linkage and moved it so it pushed the butterfly closed. All synced now. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.