Catalytic converter under warranty

Jcolebristol

Reaction score
Hi guys

being asked for £1800 to replace a catalytic converter on a 66 plate F Pace. Seems mad to be considering it’s needing replacing already.

I’m paying £900pa for warranty but they say it’s not covered. That must be wrong - unless I’m reading the extended warrant plan handbook wrong then it says it is covered unless it’s corroded?

I can’t post the link here

I just can’t believe I’m being asked to fork this out so soon. I’ve asked Jaguar to investigate why it’s failed so early, so I don’t have another issue just around the corner or a root cause. I’m not convinced this is “wear and tear” and if it is, all Jaguars owners should be made aware that catalytic converters don’t last long in their cars and they need replacing every four years.

But they say it costs too much to investigate. Don’t see how that’s my problem.

Am I in the wrong here?

rchiv

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.
The main reasons for a cat to fail is due to an engine running rich, misfire or a coolant leak into the exhaust. In the first two instances you would get an EML. Another could be incorrect fuel. Has your vehicle always started first time as extended starter cranking could put neat fuel through the system.
For a vehicle of your age ( you have not shown the mileage) I would expect it to last longer. My old X Type at 127K, 14 yrs old was still OK.

Roger

CRC@Jaguar

Reaction score
Hi guys

being asked for £1800 to replace a catalytic converter on a 66 plate F Pace. Seems mad to be considering it’s needing replacing already.

I’m paying £900pa for warranty but they say it’s not covered. That must be wrong - unless I’m reading the extended warrant plan handbook wrong then it says it is covered unless it’s corroded?

I can’t post the link here

I just can’t believe I’m being asked to fork this out so soon. I’ve asked Jaguar to investigate why it’s failed so early, so I don’t have another issue just around the corner or a root cause. I’m not convinced this is “wear and tear” and if it is, all Jaguars owners should be made aware that catalytic converters don’t last long in their cars and they need replacing every four years.

But they say it costs too much to investigate. Don’t see how that’s my problem.

Am I in the wrong here?
Good morning Jcolbristol

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to learn of your recent experience. However, should you have any concerns around your extended warranty policy then I would advise that you contact Car Care Plan directly.

Should you feel that your retailer experience was unsatisfactory then please do not hesitate to send me a PM with your Vehicle Identification Number and contact details and I would be happy to assist.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK