Cc default mode

devon pete

Reaction score
I have a very frustrating is with my climate control in both auto and manual mode
When the engine is started I turn on the climate it then runs all ice and breezy for about 5 seconds and the internal flapsclose and I get a slight breeze it's like it's going into a default mode I get hardly any air to the footwell and screen. The system was regarded last week
Help me calm my nerves plz
Car is 2008 xf 2.7

philayl1

Reaction score
Hi, when the CC is on, which it should be all the time, it will blow cold air out of the fascia vents by default when the temperature requires it. You have to remember it is Climate Control and not Air Conditioning, you are supposed to set the the temperature you find comfortable and then leave it to maintain that temperature. I set mine at 20.5C when I bought the car 12 years ago and have never touched it since, if the cabin temperature goes below that it blows warm air and if it goes above it blows cold air, just as it is supposed to. Phil

devon pete

Reaction score
That I understand however I still get very little air from the windscreen vents to keep the windscreen clear of mist especially on a wet day

Kacy22

Reaction score
Not sure how long you have had the car so apologies if you are an experienced long term user but just to get the obvious out of the way: 1 is this behaviour a recent event or has it always been this way? 2 When you talk of the flaps closing I am presuming you do not mean the visible rotating flaps, but the hidden ones directing internal air flows. Are you familiar with the "normal" correct operation for this vehicle? I found it took a bit of getting used to, but then realised that when working correctly it is actually very good - but the button operations are not self evident until you know!! So in order to help it would be helpful to know your starting point.

devon pete

Reaction score
Not the revolving dash vents the internal direction flaps that control where the air is directed i.e. Face footwell windscreen. Been like it since I had it
I have had the car since October last year. Also this system is completely different to my last car (seat Leon fr)
And yes I understand I must have auto on all times what I didn't realize was how outside temps sunlight effect the way the jaguar works which is very clever.
And like you say as this not used as an every day car but for pleasure that it takes a while to adapt to the new system
Thanks Peter

AntF

Reaction score
I assume the car is displaying the outside temperature correctly - or at least close? If the external temp sensor reads incorrectly it can affect the operation of the climate control.

AntF

Reaction score
Sounds fine, some have has a reading of -30! Do you get warm/cold air from different vents if you change the settings on the centre screen, under climate?
I agree, it can seem different to other vehicles, but so long as the temperature is OK and goes up and down as you require, it sounds like it may be OK.

devon pete

Reaction score
Issue has been resolved by hard reset, regas accuator servo for under dash vent flaps cleaned and reset and lubricated new pollen filter it was a bit of a mess full diagnostic check no others found so I am happy, thankyou so much for your suggestions