Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2013 XF Base.
I replace the rear brake last day by my self.
and I disconnected the battery for reset the EPB.
After that, I have a problem on central door lock.
Central door lock button on dash board is not working and I cannot lock the door with remote fob.
When I lock doors with remote fob, Jag make two beep sound.
I check the all door close include hood, trunk and console door.
Also, inside doesn't have extra key.
I try to disconnect the battery more then 12hr.
but still central door lock(electronic door lock) is not working.
I was think there is fuse for central door lock but I cannot find in the fuse diagram.
Is there idea for fix this problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi,

The same just happened to me. Replaced rear brake pads, disconnected battery to perform parking brake reset. Now locking not working. Did you fix problem.

FYI one of the door handle buttons wasn't locking door before battery disconnect was that the same for you?

If anyone has had this problem and managed to fix it I would be most grateful if they would let me know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the exact same problem. Need to know what to do.
By any chance was one or more of the buttons on the door handles to lock the doors not working prior to the battery disconnection?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Actually I was asking about locking via buttons on exterior door handles.

One of mine didn't work prior to disconnecting battery but others worked fine. I'm wondering if there is some sort of test done when battery is reconnected that stops locking mechanism working if it detects a problem with one of the exterior door locking switches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The saga continues.

In a vane attempt to fix the central locking problem I just did a hard reset. (connected negative lead to positive terminal).. Went to start car now getting smart key not found message. Positioned key under boot release switch. Car still won't start. Funny thing is keyless entry and remote switching on of head/reversing lights still working... Any suggestions on what I should do now will be most welcome as I think my attempt to save money by replacing my brake pads myself is about to cost me a ****** fortune.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The saga continues.

In a vane attempt to fix the central locking problem I just did a hard reset. (connected negative lead to positive terminal).. Went to start car now getting smart key not found message. Positioned key under boot release switch. Car still won't start. Funny thing is keyless entry and remote switching on of head/reversing lights still working... Any suggestions on what I should do now will be most welcome as I think my attempt to save money by replacing my brake pads myself is about to cost me a ****** fortune.
A scanning person did something from the scanner and the problem was solved. Same problem again came up. Both the times battery was not disconnected

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know this thread is old now, but here is the root cause for most of your locking and unlocking issues. Recently, I got to my car at the shopping center, pulled the door handle with the keyfob in my pocket and it hesitated before opening. Got inside, started the car and the dome light came on by itself and then the car locked itself when I pressed the start button. The car would not start - I pressed the start button 3 times and it eventually started. But then my lock/unlock buttons on the dash were opposite. If you pressed unlock, it locked the car and lock unlocked the car.
I drove home and checked the battery - the battery had recently been replaced, however, I noticed the negative terminal was connected, but not on the battery fully - this is the terminal that has the battery control module attached to it. If that module senses even the remotest change in voltage, you are going get all kinds of electrical gremlins creeping in.
I took a hammer and hammered the terminal down and tightened the 10mm bolt so that it will never pull loose again and immediately my car responded. The dome light stopped coming on intermittently and the lock button now locked again and unlock unlocked the doors again.
I knew the battery must have had a loose terminal as I've had this happen in my Audi many years ago. The XF is slightly different in that it has a battery module attached to the battery.
Just another tip, if you disconnect the battery for any reason or replace it, the battery module needs to be reset as it stores a permanent fault and you will constantly get a low battery warning or the module will continuously think the battery is bad and will try to conserve the system by shutting other electrics down.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2013 XF Base.
I replace the rear brake last day by my self.
and I disconnected the battery for reset the EPB.

Why did you disconnect the battery for EPB reset ? You only have to switch ignition to on and press footbrake while applying hand brake a couple of times and its done . You will also have to re program the one touch window close and open . It been on here a few imes and a search should find it .

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I know this thread is old now, but here is the root cause for most of your locking and unlocking issues. Recently, I got to my car at the shopping center, pulled the door handle with the keyfob in my pocket and it hesitated before opening. Got inside, started the car and the dome light came on by itself and then the car locked itself when I pressed the start button. The car would not start - I pressed the start button 3 times and it eventually started. But then my lock/unlock buttons on the dash were opposite. If you pressed unlock, it locked the car and lock unlocked the car.
I drove home and checked the battery - the battery had recently been replaced, however, I noticed the negative terminal was connected, but not on the battery fully - this is the terminal that has the battery control module attached to it. If that module senses even the remotest change in voltage, you are going get all kinds of electrical gremlins creeping in.
I took a hammer and hammered the terminal down and tightened the 10mm bolt so that it will never pull loose again and immediately my car responded. The dome light stopped coming on intermittently and the lock button now locked again and unlock unlocked the doors again.
I knew the battery must have had a loose terminal as I've had this happen in my Audi many years ago. The XF is slightly different in that it has a battery module attached to the battery.
Just another tip, if you disconnect the battery for any reason or replace it, the battery module needs to be reset as it stores a permanent fault and you will constantly get a low battery warning or the module will continuously think the battery is bad and will try to conserve the system by shutting other electrics down.
Remember the good old days ?....When we had a key to open the doors ....Sometimes the same key fitted the ignition !...
And we used to have winder handles on the windows !...

( My 1968 mark 2 Jaguar has these features .....And it only has 2 electric fuses !).....Bliss eh ?

I remember my old dad saying " modern cars son !...More bother than they are worth !....The more accessories fitted to car.....The more there is to go wrong !"

He was "so right "

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've replaced my battery and all I did was reset the windows and the EPB. Nothing went wrong and I didn't get any warning messages.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I've replaced my battery and all I did was reset the windows and the EPB. Nothing went wrong and I didn't get any warning messages.
Hi, I had the same as you, for the first two battery changes no reset and no problems, but the third battery change gave problems which wouldn't go away until the battery monitor was reset. Phil

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not sure about taking a hammer to the battery terminal :-D
LoL, it sounds violent, but don't worry, i was very gentle. I used a number 14 socket over the terminal and gently hammered it in place otherwise it's very difficult to get it back on there. One has to be careful not to tighten the bolt of the terminal too tight. Only around 10nm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.