Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
My lighter socket is only showing about 3 volts, so i assume its corroding at the back.

Before I start pulling panels off, can anyone tell me if I just need a generic item, or have jag/Ford made it difficult?

cheers

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
It is illuminated, but apart from that looks fairly standard!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Looks the same as Halfords ones to me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Dougal95.
I had the same problem, corrosion/ burn out socket. The lighter socket is slightly smaller than the standard lighter socket you will find in your local garage or Halfords. You can get it to fit but you will need to make some sort of gasket/rubber washer to stop it falling back into the panel. Or, as I did, you can occasionally find them online/e-bay.
To get to the connector move the seat back and you will find a pozidrive screw on the consul side carpet. Simply remove this one screw, pull back and remove the side piece of carpet and you have full, easy access. Easy job to replace.
Hope this helps.

Alan in sunny Malta.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've got an original one if you want it...

·
Registered
432 Posts
To get to the connector move the seat back and you will find a pozidrive screw on the consul side carpet. Simply remove this one screw, pull back and remove the side piece of carpet and you have full, easy access.
Are you sure?

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's how I replaced mine, easy peasy.

Alan in sunny Malta

·
Registered
432 Posts
Did you get my pm with email?
Hi, thank you very much for allowing me to send you the free cigar lighter. It was very kind of you to allow me to send it postage free too! I had a terrific time hunting through my parts to find it, removing it from the ashtray, packing it and taking it to the post office. If you need any other parts free of charge just let me know and I'll try to help. Oh, and thanks for letting me sort your email settings too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, thank you very much for allowing me to send you the free cigar lighter. It was very kind of you to allow me to send it postage free too! I had a terrific time hunting through my parts to find it, removing it from the ashtray, packing it and taking it to the post office. If you need any other parts free of charge just let me know and I'll try to help. Oh, and thanks for letting me sort your email settings too.
OMG what can I say other that I'm sincerely sorry that I overlooked this. Please accept my humble apologies. I too would have been thoroughly pi55ed off if it had been me.

It really was an honest and genuine mistake on my part. I can't even say that 'I thought I'd done it' as it got completely past me.

I'll not bore you with the details unless you want them, but I do have pretty severe mitigating circumstances for many such things slipping past me in the last few weeks.

Please don't let this genuine mistake change how you deal with other people. The world needs more like yourself - those willing to help others.

I can't even remember how much or how we agreed to do this! I'm looking for an email or paypal address in my PC for you right now.

Once again, I'm truly sorry!!!

Thanks and regards

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On reflection, reading the email I sent the day it arrived, and your response, then perhaps your cutting sarcasm was a little uncalled for;-)

However, please let me know what the postage was if you recall it?

===================================================

On 6 Nov 2017, at 14:50, Dougal McTavish <xxxxxxxxx.com> wrote:

Many thanks indeed sir

What do I owe you?

Phil

=================================================

Here's a virtual one coming your way for now...
On 06/11/2017 14:58, Neil Straker Creative wrote:
Buy me a pint next time I see you…

On 6 Nov 2017, at 14:50, Dougal McTavish <[email protected]> wrote:

Many thanks indeed sir

What do I owe you?

Phil

=======================
On 06/11/2017 14:35, Neil Straker Creative wrote:
Hi, posted today 1st class. Hope that sorts your problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.