Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
S Type 3.0 SE X206 Radiance Red
5,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about jags recently, especially the classics

i'm just wondering what will happen to them when the new emission regulation law comes into play?.

I've got an S type now and i'm just "worried" about what will happen in the near future?

Will I even get to drive it or indeed any other Petrol powered jag? lol :mrgreen:

Just wonderin!!

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Be fine, when the "Mr Fission" converter comes along all will be well.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I've been thinking about jags recently, especially the classics

i'm just wondering what will happen to them when the new emission regulation law comes into play?.

I've got an S type now and i'm just "worried" about what will happen in the near future?

Will I even get to drive it or indeed any other Petrol powered jag? lol :mrgreen:

Just wonderin!!
Not sure what new emission laws your talking about but you might find this interesting:

Here are the lab figures for my STR (taken from my V5C log book) as you can see they meet Euro 6 easily.

CO 0.521
HC 0.049
NOX 0.039
PM 0

As my engine is indirect injection PM emissions are not a problem as they are only produced in high amounts by lean burn combustion and therefore would probably be zero.

In fact some manufactures have fitted additional indirect injectors to petrol direct injection engines (GDI) to meet Euro 6 in testing instead of particulate filters, although what is actually fitted to these engines as of last month when all GDI engine vehicle registered must meet Euro 6 for particulate matter emissions I don't know, last time I looked a 4-way catalytic convertor was favourite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.