Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some lovely cars for sale today at the NEC and excellent value for money particularly on Jaguars from various dealers.
Unfortunately the show is spoiled by the ridiculous entry price of £30 and a £12 parking charge not to mention the outrageous prices charged for food and drinks. When will the organisers learn that the visitors to this type of show are not on company expense accounts.
The prices on the autojumble seemed high but the sellers are probably trying to re coupe the high cost of their stand space.

· Registered
753 Posts
Some lovely cars for sale today at the NEC and excellent value for money particularly on Jaguars from various dealers.
Unfortunately the show is spoiled by the ridiculous entry price of £30 and a £12 parking charge not to mention the outrageous prices charged for food and drinks. When will the organisers learn that the visitors to this type of show are not on company expense accounts.
The prices on the autojumble seemed high but the sellers are probably trying to re coupe the high cost of their stand space.
Off there tomorrow, nice to see the cars from my Era 70's and 80's, my second car was a mk3 Cortina 2000E and my older brother owned a brand spankin new mk1 3.0 ghiavgranada 1978 S reg which now is as rare as hens teeth, what a lovely care it was

· Banned
7,619 Posts
I have never been and thought about taking my 7 year old son.. now I'm not tight.. but the entrance price plus petrol is £110 before I've eaten or parked.. it's ridiculous
I think your totally right Agent and its typical of how these sort of events have gone for the working man , the British Grand Prix is
another which is now out of reach for many of us .

7,785 Posts
I took the train up on Friday. There are some cheap deals about. DO NOT TRY VIRGIN they are a rip off.

Catching the train puts you on the door step of the show. After a few hours of walking around the vast halls you really would not want to be driving home afterwards. I left 2 hours earlier than expected too. A train also saves you the parking costs etc.

One thing I learned too is that Friday is the most expensive day and any discounts do not apply that day. Those various codes you get or they send you are just to see what advertising works, NOT to give you a discount.

If I go again it will be at the weekend.

· Registered
6,636 Posts
Oh mate, wait till I tell you how much they charged me for two sausages.

The show is off the scale. Blown away.

I drove back with my son nodding in sync to some fat bass tunes.

Good times.

7,785 Posts
Oh mate, wait till I tell you how much they charged me for two sausages.

The show is off the scale. Blown away.

I drove back with my son nodding in sync to some fat bass tunes.

Good times.
I saw those. £7.50 for a wild boar hot dog. :) I got a not-so-cheap pastie from outside the show.

· Administrator
10,099 Posts
I think your totally right Agent and its typical of how these sort of events have gone for the working man , the British Grand Prix is
another which is now out of reach for many of us .
Cheapest F1 2018 British GP Sunday only general admission is £155 for adults, under 11's are free.

· Registered
22,331 Posts
I don't understand why these organisers take the piss from the public pocket.

And I don't understand why the GBP keep paying instead of voting with their feet.

Not for me, it's greed.

· Registered
1,689 Posts
I was lucky enough in 2013 to have one of my own cars on a stand at the Classic Motor Show at the NEC. Got there Thursday afternoon for set up and left Sunday evening after the traditional blowing of horns.

Fabulous few days. Walking around the place in the morning before the doors are open to the public was amazing. Felt like I had the whole place to myself, in stark contrast to later on the Saturday afternoon.

Both the Classic Motor Show and the regular Motor Show are worth a visit, even if you only go once.

It used to be cheaper to park on the airport long stay car park and use the bus and monorail but I think that's been stopped now, or is just as expensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.