Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the thing, My 2011 XJR is clever enough to know when its cold, it knows if it is raining, it knows when to put the handbrake on, it knows when a car is coming towards me at night, it knows if a car is in my blind spot - it even knows if the front seat passenger is a child so it can disable the airbag.

So, why cant it detect that when its cold and icy, it really should disable the rain sensing wipers - that way I don't lose the rubber from the wipers !!!

Come on Jaguar, any one listening ?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That's surprising really , both of my Mondo's inhibit the auto-wipers function below 4 degrees.

4 degrees and below , both heated screens come on automatically and the auto-wipers are inhibited for 4 minutes.

I don't use the auto-wipers on my XJ as they seem to do what ever they want and when they want ! :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adding to the list of things my Jag should let me do:
Winter is upon us, cold frosty mornings, car sat off-road on my driveway all frosted up, So - lets start her up, turn the heated seats and wheel on, shut door - ignore the warning that the remote fob has left the building, and then lock the car - so that low life's cant jump in and drive her away while I finish my cuppa. But oh no, the car will not let me lock it with the engine running and the key outside - WHY? its clever enough to know that no one is seated inside, so what's the risk?

Am I missing a trick here ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
maybe this is common in the Jaguar world and is just new to me, but it would be clever if my parking sensors would default to On, not Off. Thats backwards and counter-intuitive, as far my experience goes.

Also not sounding the parking warning for the object i am backing away from. That is just confusing.

but to even things out, i love the auto-down rear windows that vent just a couple inches. thats a nice touch.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Never mind all the clever electronic stuff it does or doesn't do. The most frustrating thing is that an £80k+ car has no storage for sunglasses. What's that about? :|

·
Registered
6 Posts
Never mind all the clever electronic stuff it does or doesn't do. The most frustrating thing is that an £80k+ car has no storage for sunglasses. What's that about? :|
I was somewhat disappointed by this too, and with the lack of storage in general, but the CLS63 I had before this also had no sunglasses storage, so it wasnt a huge surprise. That, however, had little compartments under the seats that were perfect for it.

Ive found that the little shelf in the center console fits my glasses just right, unfortunately not in a case, but its still better than sticking them in the cup holder. I do wish that little compartment between the cupholder and the armrest was deeper though. That would be a nice cell phone spot.

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
Well I'm pleased to see there isn't too much to gripe about.

This is reassuring considering my next car will be one of them :-D

Better use my sunglasses storage whilst I can :mrgreen:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would like the climate control settings to accept a default setting.
At present part of the ‘pre flight’ preparation include starting the engine and then:
Press the seated seat button, press it again if it didn’t register, repeat until the seat screen appears, select and press heat option. Press cold option to reduce the three red bars to one. Do the same for left and right before pressing climate and selecting rear seats. Follow the previous procedure.
Select heated steering wheel option.
Place into drive and commence journey.
Repeat the above everytime the car is stopped

if the car knows when to its cold enough to operate the rear and front screen heater then surely a memory setting option for the above should be possible

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.