Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Wifes car is a 2.0 diesel 2006 with 102000 miles on the clock. About two years ago we had the clutch changed and it was swapped to a solid clutch as opposed to a duel mass. Cannot remember the reason why but it was a good £100 cheaper so I went with it. Did not notice any difference.
For the last good 3000 miles or so the clutch has started to slip when you give it some stick low down the revs. Drive it like my wife does and you barely notice it.
I was expecting it to give up the ghost and get worse quickly but nope just slips as above.

I wonder if there is any adjustment on it. Thought it was hydraulic and so thought not but curious all the same.

Any pointers be appreciated. Cheers, Colin.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi Colin. To prove if the clutch is slipping, put it in first gear, with the handbrake on and wheels chocked, increase the throttle and release the clutch. If the engine stalls then the clutch is ok.
You could bleed the clutch Slave Cylinder also.

Roger

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Roger,
Thanks for the reply. Yes she stalls so grips that much. I am servicing all our vehicles over the next few days I will bleed the hydraulics to see if that helps. The clutch grips/bites about half way up the pedal travel.

cheers, Colin.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Sounds about right to me. Maybe a little high but not way out.

Roger

·
Registered
362 Posts
I occasionally have some clutch slip on my X type after a motorway run - usually after stopping at the services. Put my foot down, and when the turbo kicks in the revs go up, but not car speed. Usually clears itself quite quickly, but it is curious. Maybe mine is the hydraulics too.....

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I occasionally have some clutch slip on my X type after a motorway run - usually after stopping at the services. Put my foot down, and when the turbo kicks in the revs go up, but not car speed. Usually clears itself quite quickly, but it is curious. Maybe mine is the hydraulics too.....
Could be:-?

Roger

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
If it goes away after a while it could be light oil contamination burning off when it gets warm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.