I have some codes read on a mates x type they are

P1647 Heated oxy sensor con bank 2 open/shorted

P0037 control curciut bank 1 sensor 2

can anyone throw some light on these please and what to do about them

thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
These are both oxygen sensor codes, P0037 is on the cat under the inlet manifold, bulkhead side. P1647 is on the manifold, radiator side. Although both could be faulty check the breather pipe on top of engine by taking the engine cover off and looking under the pipe for splits.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fault Code:- P1647 Indicates a Power-train fault

The fault is generally due to a problem in the Computer & Output Circuit area

Fault Description: ECM HO2 Sensor control malfunction – bank 2 upstream (2/1)

Action of ECM:- ECM Default: – HO2S 2/1 control circuit inhibited

After clearing the DTC, complete the Drive vehicle for 10 minutes
Check for a reoccurrence of fault DTC.

Possible Fault:- HO2 Sensor 2/1 heater failure HO2 Sensor 2/1 sensing circuit: short circuit to ground, short circuit to high voltage, open circuit ECM Failure

Fault Code:- P0037 Indicates a Power-train fault

The fault is generally due to a problem in the Fuel Control area

Fault Description: HO2 Sensor heater control circuit low resistance – bank 1, downstream (1/2)

Action of ECM:- none

After clearing the DTC, complete the Heated oxygen sensors monitor drive cycle (Oxygen sensor heaters)
Check for a reoccurrence of fault DTC.

Possible Fault:- HO2 Sensor 1/2 heater control circuit: short circuit to ground HO2 Sensor 1/2 heater failure

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your help guys :) Dont suppose you could help with the codes I have on the S type forum (thread is Air Con Question)
codes are at the end of the tread

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanks for your help guys :) Dont suppose you could help with the codes I have on the S type forum (thread is Air Con Question)
codes are at the end of the tread
I have same problem P0037. I have checked voltage to bank 1 sensor 2 and there is onlly 9 volts reading. where has bank 2 is reading 13.1 volts.

Ezza

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.