Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 XType 2.5 runs roughly now at start up, the other day the car commenced to shake and rattle loudly everywhere seemingly underneath for the first 20 seconds or so going down the road that we thought we were going to breakdown, however when warmed up its silky smooth and we drove to Toulon about 2 hours no problem, i had the fuel filter changed and put some injector cleaner in the fuel all to no avail really
any clues as to the problem?
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Mine does the same if the outside temperature is below about 7 degrees or the car has not "warmed up" yet.

I just leave the engine running and vm vm-ing away until it settles after about 5 minutes then head off.

Found that if I go when the roughness is occurring the brakes are not as responsive. Suggests a split hose somewhere but when all gets hot it expands and closes something maybe?

TMW

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replying guys I will pass this info onto my mechanic, which poses the question shouldnt he know? lol
Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.