Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me stupid. Me no eyes.

I'm trying to get my RH rear signal & reverse lights working. The light assembly is not getting power. Most likely the lead is leaking to ground somewhere. I COULD just install a jumper wire and snip the original, but that's not what I want to do. I want to do it proper!

I have the Jaguar 1999.25 Model Year Electrical Guide (mine is 2000), and I see that the power from fuse #2 goes to RH rear light assembly pin #2. The short is somewhere in between. I also see that it goes through connector CA98 (22-WAY / WHITE / JUNCTION CONNECTOR), located "TRUNK; ADJACENT TO RECM, RH SIDE". Great, just measure it from there!

Except, I CANNOT FIND THAT **** CONNECTOR!!!

So, either I'm totally blind, stupid or both. But whatever the case, I cannot find that connector! I know it should be near the Rear Electronic Control Module, but the only white connectors around it that I can find are the CA103 (connected directly to the module itself) and an not-connected one taped to the cables. (Don't know which accessory this would connect to, but it has less than 20 leads anyways.)

So, please can anyone explain / link a photo where to find this connector...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I can't help directly as my car is a 'mk2' S Type and has a totally different electrical system and no CA98 at all.

It is interesting that CA98 is described as a 'JUNCTION CONNECTOR' which is a bit unusual in itself, it suggests that it is being used more like a junction box than an inline plug/socket ?

So, maybe that 'not-connected one' is CA98, 22-way describes the connector itself and not the number of wires used.

The only thing I can suggest is to do some pin-to-pin connections tests to try and identify what the unknown connector is.

·
Premium Member
23,823 Posts
The diagram states it is in the right hand side of the boot adjacent to the RECM.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Do I take it that you also have no Number plate lamps.

Roger

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I take it that you also have no Number plate lamps.
Roger
I do have number plate lights, in the rear. =) And they do work too. They use separate leads/fuse.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The diagram states it is in the right hand side of the boot adjacent to the RECM.
...as stated in the diagram & my post above. - But that doesn't help me, as I cannot find anything of the sorts there. Nor does the Guide have picture what this connector looks like. That's a pity. My wife's Mercury's (Also a Ford) factory repair manuals do have picture of every connector (with pins explained). Excellent manuals, but not helpful for any other Ford Motorcompany product in this case...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't help directly as my car is a 'mk2' S Type and has a totally different electrical system and no CA98 at all.

It is interesting that CA98 is described as a 'JUNCTION CONNECTOR' which is a bit unusual in itself, it suggests that it is being used more like a junction box than an inline plug/socket ?

So, maybe that 'not-connected one' is CA98, 22-way describes the connector itself and not the number of wires used.

The only thing I can suggest is to do some pin-to-pin connections tests to try and identify what the unknown connector is.
That's what I have to do when I do have a bit more time in a dry location... ...actually if the diagram is correct, I'll only have to test all Orange-blUe wires in the vicinity. Makes it a bit easier...

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I do have number plate lights, in the rear. =) And they do work too. They use separate leads/fuse.
From the diagrams that I have the 2000 model year use CA98 for power to the number plate lamps with no separate fuse other than fuse 2.
Things changed in model year 2002.5 where the number plate lights go through the RECM for earth and power from Fuse 48. There is no CA98 from that year.

Roger

Roger

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
So it is possible that you are looking for something that is not there.

Roger

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
It has been found by some people that jaguar did sometimes do modifications to some cars which were used for facelifts on earlier cars. So it may be a help to you to look at a later wiring diagram to see if that is the case here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.