Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Switched the air con on today set Temp to low and all I got was hot air as if temp was set to max. Is it possible the heater valve is stuck open I will check the air con for gas I have a gauge but feel the problem might be heater valve Any comments gratefully received

G

·
Until you check the air con for gas there's no way of knowing if the heater valve is stuck - sounds like a visit to local air con expert is in order...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the swift reply the reason I think it's the heater valve or the electrics that control it, is that turning the control to Lo should at least give cooler air not very hot irrespective of the air con being on or not. But I will check that out first. I'm not familiar with Jags so it's a learning curve
many thanks John

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've heard on this forum you can reset the various flaps and parts of the heating/cooling system by doing certain things in a certain order, unfortunately i don't remember the sequence, can also be done by dis-connecting the battery.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi John

I will give you the same suggestion as I gave Luke on a similar thread:-

Had a similar problem on my 2001 2.5 SE turned out to be a faulty pressure sensor which is behind the driver side front inner wheel arch liner

It is a schrader srewin valve type.

Worth a try not dear or even from a breaker

Martyn

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All ok now. Must have been a one off Many thanks for all the helpful advice
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.