Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both front wings on my 02 S-type are fahooked with holes on the drivers side and the passengers side is a bit weird, the paint is still there but the metal had rusted away, you can feel the paint through the hole from underneath, side tracked sorry.
went out today with my two good second hand wings to get quotes for paint matching and respraying, can't quiet believe the difference in price, cheapest was £160 per side cash in hand :roll: up to £400 per side plus VAT.
I must be getting old, i remember getting my old mk 2 cortina a full blow over for £500 :cry:

· Premium Member
23,854 Posts
Them days is long gone Tony, hope to see it done soon though.:-D

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Them days is long gone Tony, hope to see it done soon though.:-D
three guesses who was the most expensive... Don't think he wanted the job.

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, think he had too much work on so gave me a high quote.

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just the wings, no blending in, if i was to have them blended the cheapest quote i had was £500, would be giving the original wing for paint matching so if they are any good shouldnt need blending.

· Registered
349 Posts
I got quoted £300 for both wings painted and blended on my jag from a place in Denbigh.

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't mind paying a fair price for a good job, i think im being robbed with the quotes at the moment.

2 wings, not on the car so they don't have the trouble of removing the old wings, fitting the new ones, spraying and blending in. They literally have to prep the new wings, colour match the paint from the old wing which i have removed snd spray them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.