Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this picture:

Something about this looked weird to me, since I didn't recall having those black side trims on my car. I'm talking about the ones held on with many of those push trim clips.

Sure enough:

So I'm missing parts 5 and 6 below:

Any idea on what these are supposed to do (and how essential they are)? Weirdly, I don't think my car has any holes for those trim fasteners? I couldn't find a photo of an XK without the trims, so I've no idea what it's supposed to look like underneath.

·
Administrator
10,093 Posts
I’ve replaced one side of those black side trims as it was coming away, they are held on by double sided tape and plastic press studs. You should have holes the entire length of that side for them to sit into. In your picture it looks like holes were there, they been covered over or something?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those multiple shallow holes are only on the aluminium skin that is visibly folded over, but not on the metal underneath it. Here's a bigger photo of it, I think they are also too high up vs. where the trim clip caps are on the photo of the car with trims, if you compare their position with that big black bracket-thing.

I wonder if they just didn't put the holes on my car? It's B00031 and as the screenshot of JEPC shows; "XK Range (FROM (V) B00379)"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.