Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My roof mounted courtesy lights switch themselves on and off randomly, maybe 6 or 7 times in quick succession then settle down again for a week or so. Being touch sensitive I've given them a good clean but it hasn't made any difference. Any ideas where I should be looking?
Edit, it's a 2010 xf 3.0d

· Registered
442 Posts
I had the same problem with my XF. My local dealer fitted a carbon pad and it cured the fault.
Sorry I don’t know exactly where the carbon pad was fitted but that’s what it said on the invoice although it was covered by Jaguar Approved warranty

· Registered
1,306 Posts
The other fix is to replace the bulbs/globes with LEDs, this worked for me and many others.
It's an easy fix (search and ye shall find!) and you get the added bonus of much better lights than the stock dull sickly yellow ones.

· Registered
818 Posts
I put the LED's in mine and they look loads better I have to say

Just need to find some now that fit in the courtesy/sun visor :)

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Thanks for the replays I shall look into changing the lights for Led lights, any idea where they can be bought from.
Literally millions of them out there, just search Fleabay for T10 LED.
Besides colour (most opt for either bright white or "ice blue" which is a close match for the "phosphor blue" mood lighting) there are three main choices of globe type - multichip SMD LED, Cree and COB (Chip On Board). I have used all three types and I prefer COB for ease of fitment, light quality and longevity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.