Cruise control fault message

TonyJacques1

Reaction score
Hi All,
1st post on here to see if anyone has an idea what the fault might be.
I have a 2003 X100 4.2 in the UK which I bought a year ago. It seems generally solid but recently I've been getting "Cruise not available" message and the orange ABS light comes on. There isn't a problem with braking though and the message is intermittant. I suspect it may be a faulty sensor.

Any help welcomed on what the fault is and how it can be fixed !

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
First, check the battery is fully charged.
Hook it up to a code reader to get the codes.
Check brake pedal switch.

I suspect a wheel sensor.

TonyJacques1

Reaction score
Thanks JimboV8
Interesting you say about fully charged battery. I had it on a trickle charger until about 2 months ago (and rarely used it) but more recently it hasn't been connected but I've been using it more. I'll get the codes read !

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
May be worth checking the reluctor rings are not gunged up with rust also.

idrobbo

Reaction score
Agree all above. Mine frequently did the same, so it now lives on the CTEK charger permanently. I also checked the codes and it told me one of the ABS sensors had failed so I replaced that (moved it first to another wheel to double check it wasn’t some other fault). No problems since.

mcshelley

Reaction score
Hi All,
1st post on here to see if anyone has an idea what the fault might be.
I have a 2003 X100 4.2 in the UK which I bought a year ago. It seems generally solid but recently I've been getting "Cruise not available" message and the orange ABS light comes on. There isn't a problem with braking though and the message is intermittant. I suspect it may be a faulty sensor.

Any help welcomed on what the fault is and how it can be fixed !
I get this fault also along with check rear lights. Both are fine in my 2003 XK8. I think it's just the module going bad. The hard part is finding someone with the proper equipment to read and clear the code.

MrKis

Reaction score
Check someone didn't fit LED bulbs.
Make sure the battery is in tip top condition and read the fault codes, ABS wheel speed sensors can cause ABS, DSC errors.