Is anybody interested in my damaged 2003 Super V8 before it goes to the breakers?
In January this year I was hit from behind and the car sustained some rear end damage. Although everything still works and it drives perfectly my insurer, despite never inspecting the car, decided that it was a right-off for which I was paid, in my view, a derisory amount.
The car is a SWB Super V8 in BRG with magnolia soft leather and black carpets and trim. It has four zone climate, full rear entertainment pack and screens, front and rear seats are heated/adjustable/memory, heated wooden steering wheel, adaptive cruise control, phone, voice, adjustable/memory pedals, chrome mirrors/screen surrounds, two sets of wheels, full size spare etc.
I’ve owned the car since 2011 and it has done 164,000 miles. I’ve spent nearly £18,000 on it and have receipts for all the work that has been carried out in my ownership. It has only failed an MOT once and that was for a blown number plate bulb.
The boot lid, rear valance, N/S rear wing, bumper beam and possibly inner panel will need replacing also the lacquer on the top of the N/S front wing is crazed.
I still have the car even though technically it belongs to the insurance company however I can buy it back from them if someone wants it otherwise it will go to the breakers which seems a shame.