Dash mat cover?

philipp.j.s.

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend or at least point me to a purveyor of fine dark dashboard covers for a X358 that ships to Germany?

My ivory/mocha interior is much beloved, but when the sun is shining, the top of the dashboard reflects so much in the windscreen one barely sees anything.

Open for suggestions.

FlatCap

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
We are based in the wrong country here in the UK to suffer such strong sunlight, Ebay.com for the US may be helpful

hereford108

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
If you do a goggle search there is an American manufacturer that has a multitude of different colours, it’s pretty easy to find. I looked at them but they are all LHD so no good for me but should be good for yourself in Germany

philipp.j.s.

Reaction score
If you do a goggle search there is an American manufacturer that has a multitude of different colours, it’s pretty easy to find. I looked at them but they are all LHD so no good for me but should be good for yourself in Germany
Hi @hereford108, thanks for the hint.
Been there, done that though - problem is whoever I find doesn't ship to Germany (I guess only U.S.). That's why I asked for one that does.

jagary

Reaction score
I'm on a couple of Jaguar forums that are mainly frequented by US owners, are you? If ever I want something from the USA, but the seller won't ship to UK, I ask a forum member to let me have it shipped to them, then they ship it to me, after I've sent them the shipping cost. It's a reciprocal arrangement and there's always someone willing to help. Try the X300, it covers the X350/358, forum on jag-lovers.com, they're a helpful bunch.

Pete M

Reaction score
Hi

I made up my own cover from an old dining table protection cover. I only want it to put on the dash when parked in the hot sun, to protect the dash top from UV radiation as there are very clear skies in this part of the world. I started with a newspaper template, then gradually trimmed it to shape. I photographed the cover from above (seen below on my dirty garage floor) and played around with the outline on the computer.

Best news of all is that I think it's actually symmetrical left to right. The left and right hand drive issue may not be significant as there are no oddment trays or raised parts above the dials to upset the symmetry. Of course being here in New Zealand, we are right hand drive, the same as UK, Singapore, South Africa, Australia and Japan. There is an Australian company making dash covers, but I couldn't find an X350 one. The rest of the world, US, Europe etc being LHD, theoretically the cover should fit ok anyway.

At some point I will buy some more of the table cover material, which is called "Ladelle Table Protector" and is available here from a firm called Spotlight, and make a new-looking cover, and will sew black edging to finish it off.

The cool thing is that the material as seen below, is already a close match to my Mocha dash top.

Regards
Pete

20201026_133806s.jpg