Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on dating sites tonight and it wasn't long before I reolised there were other things I am more interested in pursuing.

I searched for second hand hang gliders and there weren't any.

Anyway, what I wanted to know is, when the adverts come on, do you forget what it was you were watching, or is that just me.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
No thats the beginning of old age :-D

Roger

·
Banned
7,619 Posts
I love the dating sites , I used to employ a driver and every morning when he showed up he would bring a Lap Top and
a Dongle , this happened for months till curiosity got the better of me . Turned out that he was a member of Dating Direct
and wherever I sent him in the Country he would log on , find the local women and chance his arm .
He reckoned he had a 40% success rate which rose to nearly 80% in the North East , I thought about the latter figure a while
back when some Newspapers pictured Newcastle Women drunk in the Street in mini skirts and high heels in minus 10 temperatures ,
its no doubt a totally wrong analysis and Bob was perhaps prone to exaggeration , for some reason I made the link

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
My wife is of the opinion that THIS is a dating website.

Reactions: Northeastxf3.0v6D

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No that's the beginning of old age :-D

Roger
Hey Roger. Not sure. As a kid I would think of something exciting to play with. Run upstairs, look in the toy cupboard, and try and remember what it was I was just thinking about.

I never forget what I'm watching when the ads come on when I'm watching Wheeler Dealers, even the repeats.

It's a complimacated world if you try understand it all.

As it happens I'll be 50 next year. Sounds really old, but I am youthful and spritely with good looks and charm, and the teeth that haven't been knocked out are good ones.

Now, what was I saying. Probably wasn't very important. Cheers.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the dating sites , I used to employ a driver and every morning when he showed up he would bring a Lap Top and
a Dongle , this happened for months till curiosity got the better of me . Turned out that he was a member of Dating Direct
and wherever I sent him in the Country he would log on , find the local women and chance his arm .
He reckoned he had a 40% success rate which rose to nearly 80% in the North East , I thought about the latter figure a while
back when some Newspapers pictured Newcastle Women drunk in the Street in mini skirts and high heels in minus 10 temperatures ,
its no doubt a totally wrong analysis and Bob was perhaps prone to exaggeration , for some reason I made the link
Hey reddiesel, cool, and forever I shall have the image of Newcastle Women drunk in the Street in mini skirts and high heels.

Further north you reckon. Nice tip. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
Hey reddiesel, cool, and forever I shall have the image of Newcastle Women drunk in the Street in mini skirts and high heels.

Further north you reckon. Nice tip. Cheers.
I can concur having had first hand experience between 79-82

Memories, too good to forget and certainly not for sharing.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife is of the opinion that THIS is a dating website.
I suppose it bears some similarities.

You can exchange views with like minded people with shared interests, and offer your views and opinions on matters that concern you.

Wait. That's nothing like dating is it.

I've heard you can get a foot operated 'boss switch' that connects to either the RS232 or USB port of your pc and can be hot key linked to alt+tab. One flick of the foot switch and the dating site is gone and you're back on the forum.

Just bear in mind if you got one and the wife finds it, she may fool you with it too. Risky. Be careful. Maybe sleep on it first. Cheers.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Memories, too good to forget and certainly not for sharing.
Go you. That's a ripe old age to be chasing the ladies. Good for you mate, impressive stuff.

Couldn't resist.

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
Go you. That's a ripe old age to be chasing the ladies. Good for you mate, impressive stuff.

Couldn't resist.
I'm no coffin dodger just yet :-D 1979 - 1982, don't want to say too much more as a knock on the door would like as not send me to an early box.

Memories can play tricks on you.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hey Roger. Not sure. As a kid I would think of something exciting to play with. Run upstairs, look in the toy cupboard, and try and remember what it was I was just thinking about.

I never forget what I'm watching when the ads come on when I'm watching Wheeler Dealers, even the repeats.

It's a complimacated world if you try understand it all.

As it happens I'll be 50 next year. Sounds really old, but I am youthful and spritely with good looks and charm, and the teeth that haven't been knocked out are good ones.

Now, what was I saying. Probably wasn't very important. Cheers.
Like it Haha, I am nearly 70 and as a kid we did not have stairs to run up so when I went for a toy it was easy to remember what I went for as the distance was minimal. Outside loo, Old tin bath, Sharing a bedroom with older siblings. My how things have changed.:-D

Roger

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like it Haha, I am nearly 70 and as a kid we did not have stairs to run up so when I went for a toy it was easy to remember what I went for as the distance was minimal. Outside loo, Old tin bath, Sharing a bedroom with older siblings. My how things have changed.:-D

Roger
Good man. Yeah things are different now. Now we have to keep the toys outside or in the garage, and the toilet's inside. Progress eh.

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
Good man. Yeah things are different now. Now we have to keep the toys outside or in the garage, and the toilet's inside. Progress eh.
:shock:You've got an 'inside' toilet ???:shock: You must be very rich.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:shock:You've got an 'inside' toilet ???:shock: You must be very rich.
Still have to take it outside to empty it tho. When I save a bit more I will have someone tip it for me.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Wow!

Hope that I can still get it up at that age,one is a long time dead...

:-D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ugh, dating apps. I'm so tired of them. I'd rather watch romantic movies and read about breakups, than getting into dating again. Really, this is the most energy-draining thing ever! People don't understand that there are more beautiful and exciting things out there than dating... God. They'd all prefer to search for someone forever than find themselves. This is really sad. I'm glad I gave up on dating and chose to read BS like this https://breakupangels.com/how-to-break-up-with-someone/ every day, hahaha. You should see the tips influencers are giving. It's crap really. What do they know about real life lol

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I swiped right on the whole internet and was pleased to find no matches in the end. I'm waiting for my CANZUK passport to head off and build a hut not far from an awesome lake where I can catch breakfast and fry it in butter.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I went on a blind date last night but I was warned before hand that She was expecting a baby!

I must confess to feeling rather silly sitting in that restaurant wearing just a nappy.

It got worse.

Sitting after the meal and enjoying a cup of coffee She suddenly asked "....what's your pet hate?"

I replied, "well, it doesn't like anything forced up its arse!"

She's now refusing to answer my calls......

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Flower Plant Sky Botany Tree

Reactions: Jag-Black
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.