Decisions

1955davidr

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Another quick update, just over 2 weeks since I picked her up, as I leave work I don't get the OMG its gorgeous feeling as I did with the X358 but as soon as I get in I realise what a wonderful place it is to be and drives like a dream.

Due to the current lockdown etc I am still waiting to take it back to get the inside front park sensor sorted and at the moment I have no camera and park sensors which I believe is normal.

The other issue it is going back for is the boot close button does not work, it opens fine but will not close electrically, I put the SDD on and re-calibrated it, at which point during the procedure it does close electrically. But when I initiate the procedure it says that it only has 11.9 or 12.1 volts and needs 12.5. After a few minutes running the engine it has enough to work, I put the battery on charge over night but the same message was there the next day. It strikes me that the battery has reached the end of its life, I think it is the original from 2013, needless to say the dealer will be replacing it if it is cream crackered but does anyone have any thoughts on whether this enough to stop the boot button working?

mac_doctor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Another quick update, just over 2 weeks since I picked her up, as I leave work I don't get the OMG its gorgeous feeling as I did with the X358 but as soon as I get in I realise what a wonderful place it is to be and drives like a dream.

Due to the current lockdown etc I am still waiting to take it back to get the inside front park sensor sorted and at the moment I have no camera and park sensors which I believe is normal.

The other issue it is going back for is the boot close button does not work, it opens fine but will not close electrically, I put the SDD on and re-calibrated it, at which point during the procedure it does close electrically. But when I initiate the procedure it says that it only has 11.9 or 12.1 volts and needs 12.5. After a few minutes running the engine it has enough to work, I put the battery on charge over night but the same message was there the next day. It strikes me that the battery has reached the end of its life, I think it is the original from 2013, needless to say the dealer will be replacing it if it is cream crackered but does anyone have any thoughts on whether this enough to stop the boot button working?
If the boot won't close on the boot-lid button you need to get that fixed, as closing it manually will end in tears: one day it will fail to recognise that it is shut, and from that point you are forced to start dismantling it from the passenger compartment. It may be worth running yourself a bit of string from the emergency handle to the outside world for use in emergency (although that does rather reduce the security of the boot!)

-- it may be worth noting at this point that the boot doesn't - and shouldn't - close from the key fob, or from the button by the drivers knee: this is (oddly) by design.

1955davidr

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Oddly enough Mrs R thought the emergency release was the handle to pull the lid down anyway so will rig something up. Once sorted I will be fitting the kit to make it close from the key fob and lower dash button, just don't want to give the dealer any room for argument at this stage even though I suspect it might cure the problem.

Just thought I might be able to run the string through the back seat, is there a ski hatch, not enough dry daylight at the moment to check.🤠

mac_doctor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Oddly enough Mrs R thought the emergency release was the handle to pull the lid down anyway so will rig something up. Once sorted I will be fitting the kit to make it close from the key fob and lower dash button, just don't want to give the dealer any room for argument at this stage even though I suspect it might cure the problem.

Just thought I might be able to run the string through the back seat, is there a ski hatch, not enough dry daylight at the moment to check.🤠
No ski hatch. Access from the passenger compartment is a pain. It is possible - there is a hole in the bulkhead full of cables, but you have to remove the rear seat back to get at it.

I am one of the many with jez's mod fitted, but you are right: I would want it working properly before starting to modify it.

JimC64

Reaction score
Hi David, sorry to hear your troubles.....

Firstly though, you are right and I agree about the walk to the car. They are not as attractive, not as sexy with those flowing lines of the X358

It's when you step inside that the magic happens though.

A 2013 on the original battery is way past its sell by date and more than likely needs replaced. You're probably asking for trouble one way of another as the electrical gremlins start to stack up, but you know this.

The string is a method to use on the emergency release handle ( this was mostly advised when fitting the remote boot mod as I and many others have done )
The point is that if you're stuck, its a case of removing the back seats. not what you want to be doing.

As you say, the kit will possibly solve these problems, but best throwing it back at the garage first and or having a new battery fitted

How are you enjoying it otherwise?

Jim

MercuryRV

Reaction score
Is anyone able to tell me what parts I need to purchase as my drivers door will not open from inside, the ONLY way I can open the door from inside is to turn the ignition off, put the window down and with the key in my hand pull the outside door handle, it has been doing this since it came back from the local Jaguar Dealer, bit of a safety issue really, any help I would be VERY grateful PLEASE!!!

mac_doctor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Is anyone able to tell me what parts I need to purchase as my drivers door will not open from inside, the ONLY way I can open the door from inside is to turn the ignition off, put the window down and with the key in my hand pull the outside door handle, it has been doing this since it came back from the local Jaguar Dealer, bit of a safety issue really, any help I would be VERY grateful PLEASE!!!
You are probably better off sticking to one thread, where you will likely learn everything you need; if you ask all over it will take you ages to collate the answers. This thread https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads/drivers-door-handle-problems.126483/#post-1317223 is probably your best bet.