Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've took the plunge and put a deposit on a 2007 XJ X358 V6 3.0 Petrol

I've not seen it in the flesh, but you don't see many with 16k on the clock so put a deposit on it subject to it being as described.

I'll be picking it up next weekend from a dealer called Oakswoods in Kent. Seem to know there Jags, has anyone had dealings with them?

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle
Speedometer Car Odometer Gauge Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Banned
7,619 Posts
Never dealt with them though I know of them , the car looks great and I am absolutely delighted for you
and at that mileage it is indeed a rare find , thanks for taking the time to post the pictures its always a
pleasure to see members purchases and hear their experiences , I particularly like the wood and the black
leather , fingers crossed for you next weekend I think you've found a beauty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking forward to getting it. As it's got so few miles its not been serviced every year so I've asked that all fluids are changed (oil, coolant, brake, etc) I would have liked front parking sensors and rear heated seats, but it's got everything else I was after and couldn't say no :)

·
Premium Member
17,795 Posts
Looks like a real stunner, lucky you!!

Hope all goes well with the handover and look forward to hearing more

Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That looks to be a very good find indeed , hopefully it's been indoors for some of that unused time.
If you don't do big miles , the 3.0 V6 has to be a no brainier in the XJ , DPF free and simple.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice car what money they asking for such a low mileage car whatever it is it's a lot of car and a cracking colour
It's £13,995 which I thought was a steal considering other X358's I'd been looking at. I saw it advertised on Satuday morning and had a deposit on it by lunchtime.

I think it's a bargain which is what counts. I'm sure others will think I overpaid which is probably true. Auto trader price guide had it at £12,000.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
It's £13,995 which I thought was a steal considering other X358's I'd been looking at. I saw it advertised on Satuday morning and had a deposit on it by lunchtime.

I think it's a bargain which is what counts. I'm sure others will think I overpaid which is probably true. Auto trader price guide had it at £12,000.
I do not think Auto Trader would cover a 10 year old with such a small mileage it comes down to what one is prepared to pay and in your case you are getting a really good example at reasonable money.

Roger

·
Registered
627 Posts

I think she looks beautiful and I think the price is good for such low mileage. Seen a 2007 XJR advertised for £17,995 with 42k on the clock, X358 as well.
Good luck for next weekend and keep us up to date with your findings once you have her

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
That is a bargain, such low miles, I would be scared to drive it much ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
If it is as good as it looks, you have done well. I would feel guilty about driving such a low mileage car but probably overcome it;-). But it must be almost like new. Price guides cannot quote for such exceptionally low miles.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The sunroof is good and I wish I had one in mine , must have been an option.

Seems strange that I have every option available but not the sunroof , maybe someone didn't want one.

Again and as per Alecs comments , its practically a new car in essence and hard to determine that value.

I think its a winner and the service history shown with the dealers 42 images looks to be in good order.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Service history was actually one of my concerns. It's just had one service due to mileage. That's why I've asked for fluids to be changed.

Mots didn't show anything to be concerned about wiper, pads and brake lights over the year.

I intend to use it, though I don't do many miles a year as I work from home. Looking forward to driving it home. It'll be about 3 hours from Kent back to Derby.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The sunroof is good and I wish I had one in mine , must have been an option.

Seems strange that I have every option available but not the sunroof , maybe someone didn't want one.

Again and as per Alecs comments , its practically a new car in essence and hard to determine that value.

I think its a winner and the service history shown with the dealers 42 images looks to be in good order.
You saw the advert? It was removed after I paid the deposit

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
Stunning looking car and an exceptional find, well done

However it is still on their website

·
Registered
627 Posts
The low mileage would make me want to drive it more.
I'd guess that some of the things like folding mirrors may not work properly because of lack of use. Don't be put off, they will just need using to free them up. One or two things didn't work properly on my X350 when I got it be just kept using them and they soon free'd up and everything works great now

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stunning looking car and an exceptional find, well done

However it is still on their website

So it is, they just removed it from AutoTrader, didn't check their site.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.