Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys I have just had a major leak from somewhere under the car just behind the front nearside wheel where a pipe with a radiator type baffle was dripping fuel. I had a problem with a fuel injector hose and a badly fitted hose on the fuel pum last december but its definitely not the pump as its as dry as a bone on top - was wet last time! - and the leak is in a different place than when the injectorr hose was leaking. I first noted it today when the car stuttered on acceleration and the dsc light flashed. I had the car remapped a few weeks ago and can't believe its that as they didn't do anything physical to it and I haven't pushed the car particularly since and wsn't when it happened today. I'm gonna phone my friendly mechanic tomorrow bvut has anyone had a similar problem and what was it? trhanks for your help.

Lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think the fuel filter is behind the wheel arch lining on the nearside front, may be worth a look. The fuel fired heater is also on this side, towards the front of the car, this must have a diesel feed as well.

·
Registered
10,075 Posts
I presume we are talking about the 2.7 engine. The fuel filter is under the bonnet in the engine bay. All the pipes to it are flexible and the are push on snap lock fit. They could have been knocked, it's easy done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi.. turned out it was a sone thrown up which split a pipe on the diesel fuel cooler which is exposed there...bad luck or what!!! - £300 part plus fitting! - uuuurgghhh!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.