Disabled the Stop/Start

Trooper

Reaction score
I've finally got around to disabling the Stop/Start on my XF, by disconnecting the Connector at the Negative Post on the Battery and i wish i had done it ages ago.
It worked perfectly after the Ford Garage fitted a Higher Rating Battery but i would always switch it off, now i don't need to keep switching it off.

Regards Tom.

Trooper

Reaction score
Just bringing this thread to the attention of member's, as it has been moved from General Chat ?? to the X 250 XF Forum but should have been moved to the X260 XF Forum.
Thank you.
Regards Tom.

jberks

Reaction score
why would anyone turn it off?
It's good for the environment, stops you poisoning kids as they walk past, and you can easily override it, simply by easing back slightly on the brake pedal when necessary.
I wish mine had it.

barryhi

Reaction score
Any car I have driven with start/stop its the first thing I look for - the off button :)

Poundy

Reaction score
It's good for the environment, stops you poisoning kids as they walk past, and you can easily override it, simply by easing back slightly on the brake pedal when necessary.
I wish mine had it.
I agree, it's much better for the environment, less health risk to the pedestrian and cycling population, improves MPG so less global fuels required, more relaxed in stationary traffic plus the advantage of not having to leave the engine ticking over for long periods.

It's also a no brainer because if you decide for some reason it is not suitable for a certain journey just press the disengage button before you set off or at any stage during that journey and it will not reset until a new journey is started unless manually pressed on again

It could also be debateable when disconnecting one of the batteries on the 2 battery set up, whether it may cause the BMS system not being able to function correctly in assessing what charging outputs are required for maintaining ideal voltage etc to the charging systems.

Also leaving the small battery disconnected for long periods without charge will probably mean it will require replacement should the feature eventually need to be activated again at a later date. Best just use the button me thinks ;)

Last edited:

Trooper

Reaction score
I wish mine had it.
I don't know if you've read the threads about timing chain's being stretched on the Ingenium Engine and this Stop/ Start could be one of the causes.
I don't drive in built up area's and if I was in a queue for a while I would switch the engine off, and i usually turn the heating to recirculation if i'm stopped behind a vehicle and would think that any driver behind my car would do the same.