Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2005, 2.0D X-type in for a service at the main dealers. They checked it over and gave me a list of things that need to be done on it and the quote was astronomical. I have done a few of things myself like break pads, metal break hose, thermostat, master cylinder (crankshaft pulley and tensioner soon) etc.
They told me that two of my injectors were down and needed replacing (£660.00 please sir.) I know you can get reconditioned injectors, so I was thinking that if they come apart, maybe all that mine need are a thorough cleaning and then popped back in the same place.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Andre

·
Registered
17,905 Posts
If the injectors are OK but just dirty you could try Terraclean (diesel version called Terradiesel) (as seen on Wheeler Dealers TB program currently being rolled out across the country, Subaru are recommending every service others like Ford about to follow from what i have been told) cost for mine was £70,cleans and varnish from the injector tips,etc etc.Takes around an hour to do
Emissions down to 0.09 (MOT pass 3.00).
Rick63 had his 3.0 done emissions were eliminated altogether
Theres a thread with pics in the Engines section
Could save you £££s
Here is the leaflet
View attachment Terraclean leaflet.pdf

Attachments

G

·
Like BuckMR2 I had my 2.2D TerraCleaned and am delighted with the results - though I haven't got the emissions retested since. It might be worth your while having the engine TerraCleaned then rechecked to see if the injectors are still down as it is possible the TerraClean process may be all you need doing

·
Registered
512 Posts
TerraClean

cost for mine was £70,cleans and varnish from the injector tips,etc etc.Takes around an hour to do. Emissions down to 0.09 (MOT pass 3.00).
Who around our way does this Buck?

·
Registered
17,905 Posts
Washington Auto Electrics, Swan , Washington are the only ones locally at the moment I think.Terracleans distributor in the U.K. are based in Cramlington so if you contact them they will let you know of any more local to yourself as more centres open .If you can come along to our local Jag club meeting last Tues 8pm Heworth Golf Club they will be there for a presentation snd questions and answers

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I think when they say two of your injectors are "down" they are refering to pressure being down on them, better know as back leakage (excessive fuel being returned to the fuel tank)
This is usually down to worn internal parts of the injectors.

Have you any starting/drivability issues? Or is the dealer fishing for work?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Really lookin forward to seeing the results of this! A proper independent test of the terraclean system!

I really hope the results are good because i have been quietly supporting buck with this and i hope that the process works the wonders that it offers! Really keen to get it done myself!

·
Registered
17,905 Posts
Danny is getting the Terradiesel (for diesels) not Terraclean (for petrols)
All the results already posted are independant, none of us are affiliated with the company
Rick63 posted his results the other week with Terraclean on his petrol X Type

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah i have been reading up on all the threads, i think it looks really good!
Still lookin forward to these results for another independent test!
Like i said buck, i am fully supportive of it and think that it is a good system!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well, the results are in. The car seems to be running smoother and quieter but that could be in my head I guess, the proof will be in the pudding.

He said that before going for the second emissions test I should go for an Italian tuneup as the terraclean in the car can affect the results negatively. I went for a run around a few roundabouts but traffic was awful so I couldn't really open her up.

That might explain the results...

First test was 1.15. Cr was warm as I had driven up from Middlesbrough
Second text was ...drum roll... 1.33

:) I'd get it tested again now that the terraclean is definitely out of it but it's a tenner a pop and i'm really not that bothered:)

·
Registered
17,905 Posts
Mine increased too when it was retested around 3 or 4 miles after treatment (from 0.24 up to 0.60).Took it back 90 urban miles later and it had dropped to 0.09 once the treatment was through the system.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hi

I take my 2.2 diesel tomorrow am to be done will post my results up tomorrow pm,this time I got a before emissions test and car will be having another test tomorrow. I have to go about 30miles for mine so going by the above I will give it a good run on the way back first.

Rick

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi, Goudy. That is exactly how they explained it to me.
With this in mind I am going to spring for 2 refurbs, fitted and programmed in for £125.00 pluss vat at a place in Canterbury.
Andre

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.