Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,071 Posts
http://www.concoursmotorco.com/used/jaguar/xj-series/xj8/solihull/west-midlands/18025768

What a beautiful machine and at a reasonable price too , in fact a possible discount to be had on account of the wheels ?
Not my cup of tea Red, Silver is one I'd never buy.
Still seems peculiar seeing a square rear plate, but that's a Jap import for you......
That said, it is a cracker and for once, sensible pennies for a 35K miler :).

Getting itchy are we? :mrgreen:

Phil.

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Nice one, so nearly a sovereign.

Roger

· Banned
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a load of pictures on an old Samsung Phone of my favourite X350 in Pacific Blue which I previously owned ,
it was absolutely mint and I shall try and upload them later Phil .
I think the silver is ok personally but it is a proper bargain compared to the others out there .

· Registered
59 Posts
I'd also suggest that his cars are well presented.Reason being two weeks ago I enquired about a low mileage x350 black sovereign he had just got in at £7495.
Pleasant chap,but the car had been in France for 7 years with its old boy owner so it had no recent invoices etc. I didn't pursue because of that,but it had gone in a week so must have been a good-un.

· Registered
151 Posts
Too much chrome, manky wheels, dull colour, dangerous bonnet mascot that would leave a hole when removed. Nice miles but a bit too much to change imho.

However I'd like to know more about Japanese imports, the mileages are usually low but could they have been idling for ages if the traffic is as bad as legend? I also heard that smoking was still really big there until fairly recently and you have to br careful not to get a car that needs an air freshener on max for the next10 years.

I believe Alec Ensolme said that the panel for the rear number plate is a relatively easy removal Phil
......can anyone confirm this? I'd be interested if it was easy to revert an x358 tail panel back to the slightly more elegant x350 variety

· Registered
59 Posts
Agree with the bonnet mascot.
A car I'm interested in has one fitted, to remove properly means a complete repaint of the bonnet it appears so £250-£300 unfortunately.

· Banned
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too much chrome, manky wheels, dull colour, dangerous bonnet mascot that would leave a hole when removed. Nice miles but a bit too much to change imho.

However I'd like to know more about Japanese imports, the mileages are usually low but could they have been idling for ages if the traffic is as bad as legend? I also heard that smoking was still really big there until fairly recently and you have to br careful not to get a car that needs an air freshener on max for the next10 years.

......can anyone confirm this? I'd be interested if it was easy to revert an x358 tail panel back to the slightly more elegant x350 variety
Which one you talking about Lester surely not the silver car ? As far as I recall Lester , Alec was only talking about changing the rear panel
on a Japanese X350 for the British version , X358 never entered the equation though I suspect ultimately the job would be pretty similar

· Registered
495 Posts
It is legal in the UK to fit 12" X 6"" USA size licence plates on grey imports and the DVLA published information some time ago on this subject.Changing the whole boot lid to accommodate a large ugly UK plate would be a pain. The bonnet leaper looks great and makes it look like a proper Jaguar! What a bargain for a low mileage car in this condition.If only I had garage space for another Jag!

· Banned
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is legal in the UK to fit 12" X 6"" USA size licence plates on grey imports and the DVLA published information some time ago on this subject.Changing the whole boot lid to accommodate a large ugly UK plate would be a pain. The bonnet leaper looks great and makes it look like a proper Jaguar! What a bargain for a low mileage car in this condition.If only I had garage space for another Jag!
Yeah its certainly a beautiful car , as far as I know Hydrajaws you don't change the whole boot lid , just that fascia panel where the number plate sits

· Registered
1,270 Posts
Yeah its certainly a beautiful car , as far as I know Hydrajaws you don't change the whole boot lid , just that fascia panel where the number plate sits
Yep, the fascia is ... plastic !

· Banned
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw this yesterday SJC and thought like you , its a Sport . For my money and no doubt like
yourself also I have gone through the whole website , the silver car is the both the best value
for money and the best presented . I would leave the Leaper , I don't think it detracts from the car .
Another item of interest I did see was a 2.7 TDVI X350 being offered for sale by Enzos Hire , it was
both low mileage and suspiciously cheap .

· Registered
59 Posts

· Premium Member
2,031 Posts
That gear knob really ought to be walnut to match the veneer trim - it would drive me mad. That said mine's chrome and leather, and that irritates me too, but it's got the coveted R motif. I wonder if that could be swapped over into walnut. :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.