Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL

Well i just thought id share our disastrous day out with you.

One fine early Sunday morning with no real plans & 2 children wanting to go out, so our eldest states she like to go skating
but with no real skate park to go to the wife has i bright idea of ice skating instead as there's one in east Kent somewhere so after a quick look on the web
we found our nearest ring was in Gillingham. (not to far about an hour or so away)

So off we go but our two children have never ice skated before lucky the ice ring has training aides to hire (push along penguins with extra large feet :)) but to my amazement all that roller blade skating paid off within 3 goes around the ring they had ditched the training aides !!!! & where skating on there own OK they weren't that good but skating never the less

Well OK lets get to the expensive bit due to the fact there is a cafe within the ice-ring its very costly & of poor quality IE its crap

So the wife consults the sat-nav and finds a shopping center nearby so off we go for a short drive down the road.
Our children decide on going into KFC well we did give them the choice and park the car and LOCKING IT !!!! as we are just about to walk away this B-52 style seagull opens its bomb doors right on the bonnet i heard the bang and looked back -- (what a mess ) i wasn't happy although our offspring couldn't stop laughing

So here goes the costly bit ive said to the wife im not leaving that horrid looking stuff on the bonnet i will clean it off now (children have now stop laughing now due to the fact there hungry & will have to wait a little longer) lol

as the car has some cleaning & waxing autogylm bits left in the boot so i unlock the boot via the REMOTE auto boot release !!!! grab the glass cleaner and 2 micro cloths as this seems the best to use for B-52 bombers but it also takes the wax off too but ive put my KEY down in the BOOT. SO you may have guest what coming next after cleaning the dam mess off ive given the the glass cleaning bottle to the wife to put back in the boot while i buff off the bonnet with the 2nd cloth.

SO SHE PUTS THE SPRAY BOTTLE BACK THEN CLOSES THE BOOT !!!! OMG WHAT HAVE U DONE !!!! shes reply's what !!!

Well i cant blame her as i did put the dam keys down inside the boot in the 1st place

So i guess your laughing by now (well i would) after a few calls were made to green flag which i forgot to renew my membership (oh dear) and family our cheapest and quickest opt was to call a LOCAL TAXI COMPANY
due to the fact we could get hold of any of our family or Friends (funny that when u need them nobody's around) the only one mate i got hold of was in the pub and had one too many lol - and green flag state they may damage the lock with there entry kits with a cost of £155 call out plus the lock damage if coursed,

So as we are over an hour away from home and the only spare keys hanging in the key holder at home we opted for what seemed the cheapest (the taxi idea for £135)
to take us all home then bring me back to recover the car (not forgetting the dam spare keys) lol

The lessons to be learn`t from this ON A TRIP AWAY FROM HOME ARE

01 ALWAYS GIVE THE SPARE KEY TO THE WIFE !!! ps make sure she leaves the car with her handbag beforehand
02 DO-NOT LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE BOOT FOR WHATEVER REASON !!!!
03 DON'T FORGET TO RENEW YOUR BREAK DOWN SERVICE COVER

So with the cost of the fuel to get there plus a not cheep entry fee to the ice-ring plus extras and the cost of the KFC plus taxi fare it was a costly day our for all :(

PS- I DID GIVE THE WIFE THE BILL LOL

THANKS FOR READING

Frank & my poor wife Maria

·
Registered
377 Posts
As part of my trawling through many old threads I came across this one

http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f26/key-advice-6612.html
Undoing locked boot
He pumped open the gap in the top left hand corner of the boot, pulled through the wiring loom with a hook, cut a slice in the sleeve to reveal the wires, stuck his spike in the yellow wire and pop the boot opened, you can also get the wiring loom through a little hole behind the number plate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.