Jaguar Forum banner

Dreaded MOT

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  banjobill 
#1 ·
Hi all,
It was the dreaded Mot today, car drove perfect, no noise or rattles, recent Main Dealer service, I was feeling confident....

Came out with a couple of faults, broken front spring and rear wheel loose, the bearing is shot???

Just goes to show you never know....

regards.

#2 ·
I trust that you will now be returning to the Main Dealer Bill, not to get the work done but to establish the level of liability for them not noticing the faults!! :evil:

#4 ·
Hi Rowley _1812,
The Mot tester said the spring had corroded over time and had been broken for sometime, the other side is starting to corrode at exactly the same point so that will do the same?
The rear bearing again would have ben getting worse over time.

It does make you wonder? I know the car went in for a sunroof noise and a bog standard engine servce, but yes I would have expected them to give the car a once over as these are safety issues........

#5 ·
A service is just that, when putting a vehicle in for a specific service it will not involve checking other items so they cannot be held responsible for that. Had you put it in for an engine service and a pre MOT check then you have a claim.

Roger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.