Drink cooler accessories - any good?

system11

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Ok I bought one, it was sold as new/unboxed by a car parts supplier in Germany. I suspect it may have been in a car but lightly / never used. It was a third of the price of one from Jaguar though so I'm not complaining!

So if anyone gets one of these YES it will damage your seats for sure. They're heavy and the bottom has two main plastic rails and some hard plastic 'feet' near the front. Since it is held in place with seatbelts you'd want to just put a cushion or something underneath it.

Will update this thread once I've found some suitable protective pad and tested it.

system11

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Well there's a shelf in the cooler. I wonder how well it works honestly, we went to the zoo last summer and drinks turned very warm in the car so this might be quite good. I think a piece of memory foam in a cover should be just the thing to protect the seat from dents.

JimC64

Reaction score
Where does one put the TV remote control when the drinks cooler is in place?
This is THE problem Chris...

For me I don't think it looks that great AND having the centre arm rest up and out the way, not keen.

On longish trips I take a double cool bag with me stuffed with ice that keeps drinks ICE cold for about 30 hours. I think the cost was around £8 and works very well.

More so when you see the cool drinks you like at around £1.90 - £2.10 in the services and you've bought 4 for £2.00 prior to departure

Jim