Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another issue on my car started last week, driver window will only go down. takes usually 20 mins of fiddling with the buttons before it decides to close. does this sound like a faulty regulator or master switch. ( out of all windows it had to be the driver window! ) :-x

appreciate any replies.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks jimbo, sods law it had to be my window! although sometimes when i drop the window a touch and then try to close it the window still goes down. the fault list is getting bigger haha.

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
Not sure if it will let you but try the reset procedure. Press and hold to go down, when fully down keep holding the button until you hear a slight click. Now press and hold to go up, when fully up keep holding the button until you hear another click.
If it won’t allow this to happen then odds on it will be the regulator.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You could do a complete reset : battery disconnect , then re-connect after 5 mins - make sure you have the radio code...

Then try re-programming the window again.

If no change then into the door you go!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks swissxtype, ill try that later when the rain stops. i had the door card off yesterday for a quick inspection for any obvious faults. one thing im glad about is how fairly straight forward it is to remove parts on the x type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.