Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1999 XJ8, but the electric window cluster has packed up on all windows? The windows work fine from their own doors but not the cluster nor the electric windows, I bought another switch but it wasn't that. Any ideas please?

·
Registered
394 Posts
The switchpack runs through the drivers door control module, to fit another switchpack you'll have had the door card off. Time to go in again! Check the connection from the s/pack to the module, and the module's connector to the door harness.

The module is torx bolted to the lower centre inner door panel, sometimes water ingress can effect it by getting behind the plastic weather guard.
Clean the contacts and spray a contact cleaner on the contacts also.

A fast check that the s/pack is being powered is to turn the lights on and see if it lights up, this means it's being powered from the dimmer module/door module. If not there's either something wrong with the wiring or the door module.

Finally, try a hard reset (make sure you've got your radio code handy) by taking the neg cable off the battery and leaving it for 10 mins, then reconnect - this puts the car back to factory settings. Try the switch now.
Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I've had the card back off & checked all the connectors & cleaned them up & rebooted the battery, I've checked the power its not coming through to the s/pack so I think its time for a new DDM...... I'll let you know how I get on, ordered a second hand one..... thanks for the advise, really helpful..
I'll come back to you once the doors working need to turn to the ABS warning lights all flashing at me!!! need to get them sorted out (working on the sensor assumption at the moment.....)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Main dealers machine not working so cant get the DDM reprogrammed!!! Got to wait until he can talk to 'Harry' on Wednesday, something to do with their software??? Tish!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.