Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I cannot seem to get rid of this problem with my drivers window; it won't wind! So far, I have done the following:
- Replaced the winding motor (no result, put old one back)
- Checked by putting 12V directly on the motor; works fine!
- Checked window travel ease; OK!
- Replaced the door module (no result, put old one back) (does this control the windows at all?
- About a year ago, I replaced the door switch pack. I sort of suspect this to be the culprit though...

I noticed that when opening/closing all windows while unlocking/locking the car, the drivers window was not operated(!) What does that tell us?

Any knowledge on this issue is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Bard Thomas

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Hi. Is there 12v getting to the switch pack ? and then on down to the motor ? as you say when doing the global opening/closing via the key all the other windows work apart from the drivers one. Just a quickie...... Obviously the drivers door is used many many more times than the other doors. Could you have a break in the cable as it enters the door because of it getting brittle due to work hardening ???? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
when i replaced my drivers door switch pack , out of curiosity i took apart the old one, and it turned out that the switch contacts were corroded ( green ) , and would not make a good connection for the BPM to read

i would get some ' electrical contact cleaner ' and give the switch module a good clean with it ,

it can only help

BB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.