Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The switch for the driver's window has stopped working on my XJ, can anyone advise what parts/part number I need to get? Will it be the entire part with all the window switches that needs replaced or are the individual switches available?

The window goes up and down using the key fob so I'm assuming it can't be anything else and should be straightforward enough to sort.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The switch for the driver's window has stopped working on my XJ, can anyone advise what parts/part number I need to get? Will it be the entire part with all the window switches that needs replaced or are the individual switches available?

The window goes up and down using the key fob so I'm assuming it can't be anything else and should be straightforward enough to sort.
Hi Patrick,
Jaguar Land Rover Classic parts list the driver's switch pack as C2C1407 at UKP 194. If you are confident of disassembling the relevant switch, it's worth looking at it. It might just need a clean.

Pete M

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
I have had the door card off a number of times but as my windows are currently working i skipped looking at them. I do find looking on ebay at used items will yield pictures of the clips /fastening mechanism

·
Registered
13 Posts
After taking the door card off recently to fix my squeaky windows I can confirm there are only two screws under the door handle to remove the switches.

No need to remove the door card.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Managed to get a switch assembly from a breaker on ebay but the flick switch for the mirror is far tighter than it should be, to the point I don't want to be fitting that to the car.

I wonder if the individual section for the mirror switch can be swapped out for the original I have in the car now. There are two small torx screws which hold the whole assembly together so fingers crossed but my guts tell me the actual switch will be an integral part of the assembly with only the surrounding rocker being changeable...

Communication Device Gadget Composite material Audio equipment Electric blue

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Disaster! I swapped out the switch today and still the driver's window won't go up or down.

I'm too scared to double check if it still goes down when holding the unlock button on the key as my other car is waiting on an MOT and I don't have a usable garage/shelter should the window somehow get stuck down.

If we were to go on the assumption that key operation can still open/close the window, any idea where the likely issue is going to be?

As an aside for anyone needing to change this switch in the future, you'll need a T20 torx head for removing the two screws into the underside of it while it's in the door and if you want to partially disassemble the switch assembly itself there are two T10 screws holding the halves together.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Only two options I can think of,

1 you've been unlucky enough to have purchased a faulty switch module (unless you can guarantee it was working on the old car)

2 it's something to do with the connector or wiring from the switch module.

Hope you manage to get it sorted

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thought has crossed my mind but I'd have thought they might make it harder to sell.

Niggles are one thing but a window issue that isn't a quick fix and power steering fluid leaking is going to put a lot of folk off no?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Maybe on a 20-year-old Fiesta but someone looking to buy one of these cars is likely to be able to a) do the work themselves or b) afford to have someone else do it. Sure, they'll haggle you down to take them into account but they'd likely do that anyway.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is a chap interested in the car based off my gumtree advert and he's fairly local so I'll try an arrange him to come and view it and see what he thinks before going any further.

Yet another additional issue has come to light after picking the car up from the garage last night- the central locking seems temperamental on the offside doors after they've been in about the driver's door wiring etc.

Only realised when I paid for fuel then came back out to the car and the driver's door wouldn't unlock, had to physically insert the key. It was temperamental at locking the rear passenger door as well off the button.

Unnecessary grief, need to get them to see what they've done, or not done.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts