Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

I have a question regarding the dsc button. When i push the button. About 5 secs i get the trac dsc in the msg centre and the amber symbol in the inst dial.
In the manual this is supposed to be used in conditions like ice and snow?
How do i turn the dsc off.....if i want to :)...........cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Trac dsc reduces control of the stability system which allows more "play" on a track or other safe roads and can sometimes help in finding better traction in snow or ice conditions by allowing more movement before everything is rained in. This should engage almost immediately you press the dsc button whereas if you keep holding it down for more than 10 seconds it will display the traction control light in the message centre telling you that all safety systems are OFF. I have never driven with it off on roads other than when doing the odd 0-60 acceleration test in the dry on good roads. I think trac dsc is as far as you should safely remove the stability systems. Why do you want to turn it off completely?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.