Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........Avon ZZ5 on (245/45R18 100Y RNF)

I know others have had better wear rates, but my Dunlop (245/45R18 100W Sport 01J) only managed 12,615 miles before being worn to limits. So they had to go and with the plethora of information out there on what to or not fit, thought I would try something different.

Only time will tell how they get on

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To early to tell Frank, only fitted earlier today. Comment from wife is that they feel firmer and I quote "like when you increased the pressure for towing the caravan" - The previous vehicle, an Audi A6, had the tyre pressures increased by 6 -7 psi for towing. We always thought that the vehicle was "on its toes" when we did that.
Been down to the off licence, about a mile in distance, and they do feel firmer. But as I said at the begining it's to early to tell. Will know more after my tour of France in July.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Well have a good time in France. Are you towing down there...or just towing it? ;)

My Dunlops are still looking very good at just under 12K. Probably got something to do with having my winters on for a chunk of that! He he.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Frank, will have the caravan in tow.

Yes scm, I checked them after he had gone - work done on the drive by a mobile firm. According to my gauge they are 32psi (label says 31 psi for the size)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.