Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, Not been on the site for a long time after 2 years of trouble free motoring. Serviced my Jag today and had a short from the maf sensor back to the ECU and now it will-not start...
I got the AA out and was told I would need a new ECU & fitted by an auto electrician. Do I need to get the correct type for the year or the engine number ? or any other information to purchase a new one and where from.
Thanks Dean.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I seem to remember that there's quite a few variants depending on engine etc...

Have a look on ebay, just make sure you get the right one and buy from a good seller.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Best option is to look into having your ECU refurbished if you plan on keeping the car a few more years. I had mine done last year.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'd at least put a code reader on it, ecu's are usually pretty robust pieces of kit that take some breaking. A short circuit would usually blow a fuse first.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So sorry for the very late reply, But could not get on to the forum !!! Just to let you all know it was not the ECU but the immobiliser Mmmm. Thanks for the replies.
Deano.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
is it the immobiliser or a break in can bus cables. cause thats common.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.