Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 09 plate xf s and I'm currently upgrading my standard sound system for the bowers and wilkins system. Finding the parts I needed for that was fine. Now the new problem I've got is that I want the adaptive cruise control. I've found the radar part number (8x23-9g768-aa) but the adaptive cruise control module and upgraded abs plus 8.1 I can't find. Does anyone know the partnumbers or a way to find them?
Many thanks
Bobby

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry can't help here much, but I do have adaptive cruise control and suspect it is quite complex to upgrade to as it sometimes brakes and gives warning on centre of instrument panel and also you will need the updated steering wheel so you can control forward distance on the buttons (2 on right), as well as the set of buttons where foglight switch is to give you forward warning control which has an indicator in the instruments which would also need to be changed. Maybe find a scrapped car with ACC?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's not bad idea there. Ive had a look at the workshop manual and there's not a huge difference in the parts that are fitted as standard and the upgrades. The difficulty lies with the software, as in telling the car it now has the ACC. Similar to the sound system which works once you activate it.
Thanks for the good idea, definitely worth having a look
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I do like the ACC in my XF a lot. I drive regularly on motorway/dual carriageway to Ramsgate from London and also to Brixham in Devon. I believe using ACC is a more relaxed way to drive. However I do alter the distance switch as I drive. I find if I am driving at say 50, I can be as close as possible. On the open motorway it's great but when I see a car coming up in front of me I tend to move the switch distance to 3 as I can be approaching the car in front quite rapidly and it does tend to leave braking until the last minute. As I slow and get nearer to the car in front I move the switch back to 2 then 1. However I don't need to touch the accelerator while I am doing this (so it's driving by switch). I also keep forward alert on all the time and it works well!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car doesn't have the adaptive cruise control fitted as standard but I want to retrofit it. I know that it was on most xfr's. From what I've read in the workshop manuals the car will need the following;
Adaptive Speed Control Sensor
Adaptive Speed Control module
Steering wheel control switches
ABS module and pump
Adaptive Speed Control warning lamp (in the instrument cluster).
Any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Before going down that road I’d check 2 things.
firstly, is there a way out there to activate it in software?
i couldn’t find anyone to activate my heated windscreen, let alone acc. Jaguars are unique in making after market upgrades difficult.
secondly why do you want it? It’s the one feature on my XF that I could take or leave. On restricted 50 mph zones it’s great but open flowing motorways I have 2 misgivings.
Firstly, in traffic you often have to wait for a gap to pull out. This often means getting quite close to the car in front or slowing down. With acc, you slow down and then can’t pull out (you can of course override with the pedal) but I’ve had a couple of occasions where I’ve pulled out just as the acc braked, which doesn’t make you popular.
secondly, it tracks the car in front. They’re generally not on cruise and their speed tends to vary. Set at 75 I’ve frequently found myself comfortably sitting behind another car. A few mins later I glance down to find they (and consequently I) are now doing 60.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.