Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I noted on Ebay today that some company was selling a Silicone hose from the EGA Valve to the Turbo at about £38.00.

Can someone confirm that this is the oem Hose that invariable goes kaput and normally cost about £58?

That being the case has anyone any history with a silicone replacement?

Thanks,

B

·
Registered
308 Posts
Do you mean EGR valve? It doesn't sound like the right one but if you post a link to the item, people here will be able to tell you.

G

·
Hi - This info refers to the 2.0D. There are 2 pipes connected to the EGR valve, the first, (C2S43450 for my car a 2006 2.0D) is a metal pipe that runs from the Exhaust gas recirculation cooler located under the turbo around the engine above the clutch bell housing and then under the air-filter is made of alloy pipe. The lower pipe (C2S26986 ) from the underneath the EGR to the manifold pressure sensor and thence to the intercooler is made of reinforced rubber. The silicone hose is not OEM it is an aftermarket replacement. I have installed a silicone inter-cooler hose from the EGR valve to the MAP about 2 years ago and have had no issues.

Rgds

Eric

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the replies, I did mean EGR Valve...looks the the lower one (C2S26986) is the one.
Love the idea of obtaining a one time fit and forget hose that is cheaper than the OEM.

Thanks again.

B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.