Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
My EGR valve is sticking on my 2.2d 2014 xf sportbrake. Does anyone have a removal guide they could send me? I’ve already spent a few hours scratching my head and believe the cooler has to come off too… not that I can see an easy removal method with inaccessible bolts. The egr valve is p/n 9656911780.
Thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi Will,
I had a 2.0 XE, and not sure if they are quite the same engine, but you may have 2 EGR Valves. You could have a high pressure, and low pressure EGR, which are A and B circuits. If you just have the one EGR, I believe like the XE it is right near the Turbo, and fairly easy to remove, just a few bolts. You will need to remove the air inlet pipe, I am not sure if the cooler has to come off, it didn't have to on the XE.

Reactions: MrKis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Will,
I had a 2.0 XE, and not sure if they are quite the same engine, but you may have 2 EGR Valves. You could have a high pressure, and low pressure EGR, which are A and B circuits. If you just have the one EGR, I believe like the XE it is right near the Turbo, and fairly easy to remove, just a few bolts. You will need to remove the air inlet pipe, I am not sure if the cooler has to come off, it didn't have to on the XE.
Interesting thank you. I'll take some photos tomorrow to try and help diagnose

·
Registered
517 Posts
I no longer have the car, but the high pressure one is the right side of the engine, the low pressure one is the left side of the engine when standing in front of the car.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
The most common cause of problems on the EGR valve is the electronic actuator going faulty, no amount of cleaning will cure that. Phil

·
Registered
517 Posts
In the XE there is a filter to the EGR, and if that is blocked it can through up EGR alarms, you may as well buy a new one if stripping down to clean. I think mine cost me about £14.00, and about 30 minutes to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts