Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep going into restricted performance mode (2007 2.7D XS S-Type), and when I pull up and switch off ignition for a few seconds it clears it and everything back to normal. Local Independent diagnosed one of the EGR valves blocked and suggested I first put some cleaner in my fuel tank to see if that worked first before shelling out cash on a new valve. I've used Wynns, but problem still keeps coming. Anyone used a similar stuff and has had good results that I could try?

I'm not confident in cleaning out the valve myself, and please guys, I'm not interested in blanking the valve off. I just want to see if there was a product on the market I can use with a good percentage of it doing the job.

Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2.7d a few years ago when the car had done 58,000 miles. The car would run ok but then drop into Restricted Performance once it began to cruise on a light throttle. The fault code showed the offside (ie:driver's side) EGR valve faulty. It cost me £288 to get it replaced at an Indy, more expensive because this side is an absolute swine to get to. The passenger side EGR valve is easier to replace. Interestingly, the removed EGR valve looked spotless once it was taken off and I could examine it, so I never really knew what had gone wrong with it. The car worked fine after the changeout and hasn't had a repeat of the issue (now on 109,000miles).

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have my EGR's blocked off. Set of blinds costs about 5euro and in 15 minutes you can put it in yourself. Doesnt throw faultcodes (note: NON-DPF 2005 model) and its much better for the engine itself. You'd be shocked when you open up the inlet and see all the black gunk blocking off all your sensors and ports.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.