Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, I blanked mine off yesterday to cure that "stutter", which it did. Now have a engine management light which means something else is working correctly (in reporting the EGR is blanked). Have ordered one with a hole in, to see if that sorts both the stutter and the engine light. AFAIK blanking it off doesn't cause any engine issues, but someone will be along to correct me soon.

Do you need to blank yours to cure a fault, or just because you can?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I blanked mine off last weekend and it seems to have solved my issue. (When I lifted my foot off the accelerator and dipped the clutch the RPM would take a long time to decay). My EGR is a Euro 3 ( no electrical contacts) so no hole, no light.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Supposedly better economy and engine response as your not recirculating exhaust gasses.
When I bought mine it had no power until the turbo kicked in, on looking down the EGR the gunk had built up which restricted the induction down to an inch hole so was starving the engine of oxygen until the turbo pressurized the induction.
I cleaned and freed the EGR and removed the inducton manifold and cleaned that out, then pushed a piece of solid round hard plastic that was wider that the hole in the vacuum pipe and pushed it in the vacuum tube then reconnected it to the EGR to stop it opening. Mine does't have any electrical connection going to the EGR so no warning lights

·
Registered
17,905 Posts
Had mine Terradieseled the other weekend
Emissions on mine down to 0.09 (MOT pass is 3.0) and internals decoked/decarbonised including both EGR's, injectors, valves, turbo vanes, etc.Rick53 emissions were 0 for the CO on his petrol after treatment
Cost £70 took under an hour, results in other thread
As seen on Wheeler Dealers
My results:
http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f19/terraclean-seen-wheeler-dealers-my-results-45958.html
Rick63's results:
http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f26/emissions-result-after-engine-terraclean-46034.html

Would think this would let the EGR work as it should without hassle of blanking,manually cleaning etc

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hello sid car went into limp mode turned out to be a pipe off the bottom of the egr had plate with hole in but blanked off to see if that was the prob all ok now but just wonderd weather to put plate with hole back in not to sure wot blankin it off does

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I posted a lttle bit about which EGR is which and which can be blanked with or without a hole here
http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f26/egr-valve-costs-where-buy-45907.html

I better redo it as the links have died

It can be one of four valves fitted,

1, Full vacuum no sensor, I believe fitted 2004/5 ish, stage 3
NEW JAGUAR X TYPE EGR VALVE FACTORY BOXED | eBay
pointless replacing it if it's knackered, just fully blank it off with this
Jaguar 2.0 x type Mondeo tdci diesel EGR BLANKING PLATE | eBay

2, Vacuum with sensor, 2005 onwards, stage 4
Ford mondeo and Jaguar X type 2.0d egr valve | eBay

3, Motor driven, believe fitted to 2.2D without DPF
Genuine Jaguar X-Type 2.2 EGR Valve | eBay

2 and 3 blanked with this
EGR valve blanking block plate Jaguar X-type Ford Mondeo Transit 2.0 2.2 2.4TDCi | eBay

4, Motor driven off the Space Shuttle!! 2.2D with DPF
JAGUAR X TYPE 2.2 DIESEL EGR VALVE BRAND NEW WITH DPF VACUUM EGR | eBay
Not sure about blanking this, but I guess it's worth trying with the one with the hole.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi'
Just drill a 8mm. hole in the one you have.

Jimmy
I would, but the temp fix was a shitty bit of rough edged ally, so I'd rather have a neat one just to slot in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.