Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

The front left (driver) window when trying moving it, either up or down, it goes in steps... I mean, you keep pressing the switch to put it down but it goes down about 4 centimeters and stop. You have to release the switch and press it again and it goes another 4 cm down again. So you have to do this several times to put it down. When trying to close it, you lift the switch and nothing happens, you have to release it and lift it again in short intervals to be able to fully lift the window. Is the same as when going down, lift one second and release, lift one second and release, an so on until the window gets closed.

I hope I have explained properly about the issue, and if there's any suggestion I'll appreciate it guys. Could it be something about programming? Or is a more serious issue you think?

Regards, looking forward for your guidance!

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Might be dirty contacts on the driver's door switchpack, but more likely the window regulator motor control box relay is failing. Easiest solution is to replace the whole window regulator assembly.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Hi jbmx77 and welcome to the forum.

That's something I've never come across before. Does the same thing happen to all the windows?

The windows can be programmed in different ways such as to close and remain closed if they are repeatedly opened and closed. This is handy to prevent children from playing with them and overheating the motor.

It may be that if there is a fault this will generate a fault code which can be read with an OBDll code reader. If the window is stiff then it will stop closing and then start to open - this is to avoid hurting a child if it puts its head in the window and then tries to close it.

If you have no luck reading the codes then I should remove the door card and examine the mechanism to check that it moves freely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.