Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK weird one. Had a problem for some time now with bad starting when hot. Taking it into an Indy tomorrow to get the ECU updated so that should cure it but today I was repairing my power steering pump. The pulley is held on to the pump with three bolts, one had come out and the other two sheared off so the pulley was rotating and making hell of a noise, the power steering had stopped working and the pulley then fell off. Simple fix when you eventually get the pump off which involves dismantling one side of the engine bay but whilst doing this I found a loose electrical connection but have no idea what it is for or called so having difficulty buying a replacement part.
Describing it as the thingy on top of the engine that's attached to the red wire that goes under the fuel rail get strange looks at the parts store.
So can anyone help. I would attached a photo but this stupid forum only allows you a couple of photos and my allocation is used up. Grrrrrrrr
This is a 2.0d engine The electrical connector is under the plastic engine cover on the right hand side at the front of the engine. There is a wire coming up from the front of the engine with a round electrical connector on the end. This goes over a stud and is held in place with a small 8mm nut and the connector is held on to the head with a cross headed screw. The connector has a red wire coming from underneath which goes under the fuel rail and appears to be fixed to the head at the far end. My problem is the stud with the 8mm nut has come loose from the electrical connector with the red wire attached and is not making good contact.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just phoned Mark Bertyboy9 who knew exactly what it was. Its the feed wire to the glow plugs and its a common problem. Mark does not have a secondhand one so it looks like I need a new one but at least I know what it is now and that this might be one of the problems causing my hot start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.