Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've owned an XKR for 3 years with on issues and loved every minute, until 2 months ago when the number plate lights stopped working and various different warning keep appearing on the display - E diff system, adaptive dynamics fault, over heating and break pads low. These then clear themselves, I took it to Jaguar who charged me £300 for 3 hours checking but said they required more man hours to find the issues. reg 61 plate with 26k miles

Has anyone had any similar issues which I'm told could be the control box at the back!! Any advise or guidance in what I should do would be helpful

·
Premium Member
23,737 Posts
You’re looking at a low battery or loose ground point problem. Could also be a sign of the alternator going bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jim, I had the battery checked and they said it was fine...but the low battery warming has come up on the display a few time when I've started the car or had the radio on without the engine running

·
Premium Member
23,737 Posts
Hi Ian,
If you have the radio on without the engine running then you will get that warning, it’s normal. I would remove the interior trim in the boot and check the ground points are clean and tight.
Then number plate lights not working could be a broken wire in the loom and is usually where the loom leaves the body and enters the boot hatch.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi Jim, I had the battery checked and they said it was fine...but the low battery warming has come up on the display a few time when I've started the car or had the radio on without the engine running
Do you know if the battery is the original supplied with the car?
If it is, I will advise you replace that for peace of mind regardless of getting confirmation that it is fine. A good one should cost no more than £200.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.