Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 'S' 3.0 S/E with 54,000 miles and am generally very pleased with the car. However, my Electronic Park Brake is functioning totally correctly but the red fault light on the dash will not go out at any time. Whether engine is running or not, key in or out, leave it for 48 hours or more and light still remains on. The fault was first reported by previous owner who had it investigated by main dealer. They reported fault due to chaffed leads on rear anti-roll bar and cleared fault but it soon re-appeared. I have had my main dealer look at it and they report diagnostic check reveals 'no fault'. I have disconnected leads from control module and performed 'reset' all to no effect.

I have been told that it could be a potentiometer failure in the park brake motor but before I change the motor does anyone have any other theories? Also can the motor be changed without major dismantling?

Any thoughts gratefully received,

Oasis

·
Registered
10,077 Posts
The dealer changed my motor fairly quickly but they had the car up on the lift, I wouldn't like to attempt it laying on my back under the car.
I THINK they are about £130 (repeat THINK) mine was done under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.