Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew that in the event of a remote failure you could unlock the car via the key and the passenger side - but do I deduce that this doesn't unlock the boot and you have to pull the rear number plate off? Found this photo online... and yes I'd like a green one :)

View attachment 25201

·
Premium Member
23,824 Posts
How can you unlock the car via the passenger side ?
on U.K. cars this is where the emergency key blade fits. There is a cover on the handle that comes off to reveal the lock.

·
Administrator
10,093 Posts
Boot lock is visible with USA/Japan style square plates, with UK rectangle ones it’s covered and so yes that’s how you get in when the power is gone to the bootlid.

·
Registered
993 Posts
...but do I deduce that this doesn't unlock the boot and you have to pull the rear number plate off? Found this photo online... and yes I'd like a green one :)
My car is Japanese spec so I don't need to remove the rear number plate but assuming that you have power, there is also a handy button on the dash that pops the boot :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
I fitted a number plate surround which I can remove with no tools so I can access the emergency lock behind, otherwise how are you going to get to this without a screwdriver to remove the number plate first?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I fitted a number plate surround which I can remove with no tools so I can access the emergency lock behind, otherwise how are you going to get to this without a screwdriver to remove the number plate first?
I've attached my rear plate with high-strength velcro dots.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.