Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
ive recently notice engine oil leak from a round pas pump area on the top of engine does the pas pump bolt direct on to the block and if so is there a gasket that can be replaced .i have had car for 4 yrs and engine has always been dry had a new clutch fitted about 4 weeks ago is the pas pump removed during clutch replacement .also car only leaks when not running start car and oil leak stops any ideas or pointers would be much appreciated

G

·
have you removed the engine cover ? there is a power steering pipe that runs across the top of the engine in the 2.0d, this pipe has a crimped union in it which can weep fluid. mine has a slight weeping of fluid from this area. the fluid runs down the side of the engine over the pump area making it look as though the pump is leaking, take the engine cover off and check this pipe. it could be the same on yours, hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The PS pump is not bolted to the engine. It is bolted to the water pump housing. The Power steering pipe runs along the side of the engine , over the aux belt, to the steering rack.

There is no need to remove the steering pump to change clutch/ remove gearbox.

You need to make sure that the leak is steering fluid or engine oil.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys
thanks for the quick response checked the pipes around pas and no apparent leaks today it got worse now making groaning noise when steering wheel turned had a look at fluid and its very dark almost black
so i think it must be pas pump so question 1 is this a big job . q2 is the pump on Mondeo diesel same pump . q3 why does it always happen on mondays thanks again for your replys

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hi simmo, I changed mine on my old 2.0dse last year the job is easly done when the battery and box are removed, when I changed mine I found it was the same as a ford transit pump, it only took just over an hour

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've just done mine, easy with the right tools. I bought a 2nd hand pump from a forum member. Access is a swine but is doable. see if you can find my thread from a couple of weeks ago, the method is there. My advice? Beg, borrow, buy or steal a 18mm Butterfly Socket, a long arm half inch bar and a 22mm open end spanner to undo the HP union on the top of the pump!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Morning guys

finally did pas pump yesterday found all advise helpful on removal found gasket between pump and housing gone rang jag and gasket not available so ended up fitting recon £94 inc vat europarts car now driving like a dream so thanks for all your help and advice
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.